Discussion of other UK political parties
:sunglasses: 35.2 % ❤ 12.1 % :thumbsup: 1.1 % :grinning: 46.2 % 😟 2.2 % :cry: 3.3 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By The Red Arrow
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
We live in hope...

Wednesday, 12 July 2017
Farage - One Step Nearer The Slammer
http://zelo-street.blogspot.co.uk/2017/ ... ammer.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

By davidjay
mattomac wrote:Fingers crossed, after all... all political careers end in failure, and his hasn't.

Yet
I wonder....

Was his only aim really leaving the EU? Or did he harbour ambitions of merging the Kippers (back) into the Tories, complete with a seat in the Cabinet and a handy power base from which to launch a bid for the leadership?

By D.C. Harrison
Membership Days Posts
davidjay wrote:Was his only aim really leaving the EU? Or did he harbour ambitions of merging the Kippers (back) into the Tories, complete with a seat in the Cabinet and a handy power base from which to launch a bid for the leadership?
That might involve a bit too much actual work for our Nige.

By bluebellnutter
No, I think he would have much preferred a nice cushy job somewhere in the cabinet where he didn't have to do much but got all the trappings and "respect" he felt he was owed. In other words, a personally soft Brexit moving from cushy gig in Brussels to cushy gig in Westminster. Plus access to the market for people in positions of power (private clubs, the "aristocracy", some sort of gong from the Queen etc.).

By The Red Arrow
He was wheedling away for Lord Farage of Nuremberg not so long ago. Had that bollocksed for him by his only MP. It looks like trying to ingratiate himself with America has met a similar fate now he's no longer even a useful idiot. Might be interesting to watch and see who blinks first if and when whatever agencv offers plea-bargaining.

By davidjay
bluebellnutter wrote:No, I think he would have much preferred a nice cushy job somewhere in the cabinet where he didn't have to do much but got all the trappings and "respect" he felt he was owed. In other words, a personally soft Brexit moving from cushy gig in Brussels to cushy gig in Westminster. Plus access to the market for people in positions of power (private clubs, the "aristocracy", some sort of gong from the Queen etc.).
But...but...but... he's AGAINST the Establishment.
By visage
Membership Days Posts
davidjay wrote:
bluebellnutter wrote:No, I think he would have much preferred a nice cushy job somewhere in the cabinet where he didn't have to do much but got all the trappings and "respect" he felt he was owed. In other words, a personally soft Brexit moving from cushy gig in Brussels to cushy gig in Westminster. Plus access to the market for people in positions of power (private clubs, the "aristocracy", some sort of gong from the Queen etc.).
But...but...but... he's AGAINST the Establishment.
It only takes a cursory glance at the behaviour of people like Farage, Nuttall and Banks to realise that the thing they want more than anything is to be part of the establishment.

By youngian
Membership Days Posts

Nigel Farage‏ @Nigel_Farage
The EU know Britain has the upper hand and are trying to divide us. I don't like it one little bit.
I think Farage has gone loco. He's still banging on about German car makers coming to the rescue.
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Nigel Farage‏
The liberal media would have you believe anyone who's had a glass of russian vodka is automatically pals with Putin. What a joke.
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

By davidjay
It seems that what the forces of reactionaryism heralded as a bright new dawn last year is now looking increasingly like their Battle of the Bulge moment. The Empowered White Man, seeing his power slipping away, concentrated his forces against the coming liberal tide and pushed it back for a bit. Now we've regrouped, regained our momentum and we're winning again. All he has left is increasingly hysterical fanaticism.

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
Nigel Farage has been accused of making xenophobic comments about Uber drivers, while waiting for a taxi outside Lords’ cricket ground.

According to cricket fans who spoke to and posed for photographs with the former Ukip leader after the third day of the Test Match with South Africa last Saturday as he was trying to hail a black cab, Mr Farage said he wouldn’t take an Uber as, "they’re not our people."

The person who spoke to him, who asked for his name not to be revealed, said: "I asked him why he didn’t get an Uber,” and he smiled and said, 'Well, they’re not our people are they.'

"We were pretty shocked. We couldn’t really think of any meaning other than that it was a racist comment about Uber drivers."

Asked about the incident, Mr Farage told The Independent: "I don't think I would have said that.

"I am a big supporter of London black cabs. I always try and get them when I can, especially for short journeys. They are having a rotten time at the moment.

"If what this person is saying is that I wouldn't get an Uber because, well, the drivers are not British , I wouldn't have said that. You get good Ubers and bad Ubers. I use Uber. I used Uber last week."

Asked repeatedly if he denied saying that Uber drivers are "not our people," Mr Farage only repeated that he is a "big supporter of black cab drivers." http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/po ... 41886.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Just not black cab-drivers

By bluebellnutter
LBC Has Retracted Nigel Farage's False Claim About Brexit

https://www.buzzfeed.com/jimwaterson/lb ... nma42rno9P" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Nigel's been telling porkies again, only this time they caught up with him
Dominic Cummings

Someone's been on the phone to Rothermere then....[…]

The Tories, Generally

I saw someone make the point that Sunday and Monda[…]

Boris Johnson

Hmmmm...maybe, just maybe this might have some soi[…]

The Trump Presidency

Actually mailboxes being robbed is another good on[…]