•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Boiler
Course not. Cos if you got bombed it was blitz spirit and all that and you magically got your house rebuilt overnight by your neighbours whilst Vera Lynn sang to them.

Whereas the reality... again, it's post-war twunts living a proxy WW2 life with all the bad shit omitted.

By spoonman
Membership Days Posts
Boiler wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:46 pm
Course not. Cos if you got bombed it was blitz spirit and all that and you magically got your house rebuilt overnight by your neighbours whilst Vera Lynn sang to them.

Whereas the reality... again, it's post-war twunts living a proxy WW2 life with all the bad shit omitted.
My grandfather, whom died years before I was born, was a serving soldier during WWII when during the Belfast blitz, his wife and (then) only son were killed in one of the raids. I'd have my doubts that he would have wallowed much in such a "blitz spirit".

I must mention however that he later remarried, fathered my, erm, father with his new wife and here I am. So if it wasn't for the Nazis, I wouldn't be here!

By MisterMuncher
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Big Arnold wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:50 am
Farage's plan to rebuild Britain: Brexit Party leader plots £200 BILLION scheme to rejuvenate regions outside London by scrapping the foreign aid budget and HS2 while refusing to pay Brussels' 'divorce bill'
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... ondon.html

Possibly as honest a take on his intentions as it's possible to get. Piss off the rest of the world (except maybe the US), set the regions and countries of the UK against each other for their side of the rapidly shrinking pie, and then fuck off and spend the money.

By spoonman
Membership Days Posts
cycloon wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:21 am
Page 3 Ann Widdecombe!
The Obscene Publications Acts of 1959 & 1964 should see to that never happening.
On the Radio

Listening to The Reunion (partly) on Radio 4 whi[…]

The Northern Irish thread

Well, one bus company in Ballymena would appear to[…]

I think it's a car advert, it's always on, with th[…]

The Trump Presidency

A glance at his presser today reveals that he's […]