Discussion of other UK political parties
:sunglasses: 35.2 % ❤ 12.1 % :thumbsup: 1.1 % :grinning: 46.2 % 😟 2.2 % :cry: 3.3 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By The Red Arrow
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Just in case you're still doubting that it's all a huge stitch-up...

General election: Farage says Brexit party will not stand in 317 Tory seats - live news

Farage says he was worried Brexit party could let the Lib Dems take seats from Tories. Follow all the developments now
Farage says he is taking this decision to prevent the risk of a second Brexit referendum.

He says that what he is announcing is, in practice, a leave alliance
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/li ... itics-live

By Snowflake
Battle lines drawn then. What is good for remain is probably good for the other side as well. I'm guessing however the Mail will no longer be calling for investigations by the electoral commission.

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
The Red Arrow wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:25 pm
Just in case you're still doubting that it's all a huge stitch-up...

General election: Farage says Brexit party will not stand in 317 Tory seats - live news

Farage says he was worried Brexit party could let the Lib Dems take seats from Tories. Follow all the developments now
Farage says he is taking this decision to prevent the risk of a second Brexit referendum.

He says that what he is announcing is, in practice, a leave alliance
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/li ... itics-live
That's just over 300,000 smackeroonis going straight to the leadership's gin and hookers VIP party.
By satnav
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
By throwing his weight behind Boris Johnson, Farage is finally admitting that the fantasy Brexit he promised his supporters is now not going to happen. I can only assume that the Tories have either offered him a well paid job to replace his MEP salary or a peerage.
oboogie liked this
By Dan
Membership Days Membership Days
He has:

A) "Betrayed" his No Deal-at-all-costs crowd at the first sign of a bit of pressure. They see Johnson's deal, or any deal, as "not Brexit" and it leaves the distinct possibility open that they will withhold any kind of vote now.

B) Not stood aside where the Tories needed him to. Standing aside in seats they won at the last election gives them minimal comfort. It may effect the Lib Dems - possibly. It won't help the Tories win back Labour held marginals which they need to gain a majority. Many of the fabled "traditional Labour voting communities" might not have a love for Labour any more but a visceral hatred of the Tories and will never vote for them.

C) continued from B: Farage has just told these "traditional Labour voting communities" that he is in bed with the Tories and attempting to help them get power. Rather than go from Labour to BXP as the may hope, they may stay with Labour or simply not vote. Likewise, any Tory Remainer or Liberal Tory that was thinking of holding their nose because they dislike Corbyn now know that the Tories are doing deals with Nigel Farage and have abandoned even the pretence that they are anything other than a right wing, nationalist, one-issue party. It may up the amount of Tory non voters and boost the Lib Dems in that way.

I don't think he's thought this through.
US election 2020

The 1994 crime bill didn't look so mad at the ti[…]

Meanwhile in America

I'll wager you groovers never saw this coming... […]

Caption Contest

https://i.postimg.cc/DyLpW7sH/EZpzdi3-Wk-AEB7xq.j[…]

The Trump Presidency

Did Mexico pay for it? Much mirth in Klein thre[…]