•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Tubby Isaacs
Membership Days Posts
new puritan wrote:Worth noting as well that Green Party membership was much smaller that it appears to be now when Bennett was first elected. Post-election leadership contest is surely nailed on.

Still, could be worse - they could have elected Pippa Bartolotti...

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/po ... 61667.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.morningstaronline.co.uk/a-1b ... are-racist" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Rupert Read should run.

By The Weeping Angel
Membership Days Posts
The Greens don't seem to have a lot of confidence in her ability

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/201 ... oadcasters" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

By The Weeping Angel
Membership Days Posts
Fucking hell

http://labourlist.org/2015/03/green-par ... rt-attack/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Look I have no time for funtime Frankie but Jesus there's a time and a place.

By mattomac
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Supporting a referendum it will lead us to leaving it.

Sadly I wish that the Independent press and news would inform the country of the benefits of the EU but they don't and it's a lot easier to effectively argue that we should leave the EU than stay in it.

Leaving it could be the worst mistake this country ever makes but people wouldn't walk into a polling booth believing that. The country that would be born afterwards would be one far worse than this.

I love the idea that the will of the people would out, but the poisonous rhetoric before hand would put pay to that will.

By Kreuzberger
Membership Days Posts
mattomac wrote:Supporting a referendum it will lead us to leaving it.

Sadly I wish that the Independent press and news would inform the country of the benefits of the EU but they don't and it's a lot easier to effectively argue that we should leave the EU than stay in it.

Leaving it could be the worst mistake this country ever makes but people wouldn't walk into a polling booth believing that. The country that would be born afterwards would be one far worse than this.

I love the idea that the will of the people would out, but the poisonous rhetoric before hand would put pay to that will.
I have never seen any of the isolationist media make their case for leaving the EU. I can't, in a million years, see how that could benefit them. A hobbled economy means less advertising revenue and the Doom & Gloom headlines will only shift cover sales in the short term as the ship has already sailed on their print versions. Turkeys and Christmas spring to mind.

By mattomac
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Kreuzberger wrote:

I have never seen any of the isolationist media make their case for leaving the EU. I can't, in a million years, see how that could benefit them. A hobbled economy means less advertising revenue and the Doom & Gloom headlines will only shift cover sales in the short term as the ship has already sailed on their print versions. Turkeys and Christmas spring to mind.
The Express pretty much have.

Throw in the Mail, Sun and Star's attitude towards it and you create a self fulfilling prophecy.

By youngian
Membership Days Posts

I suspect low turnout would favour withdrawal. And it would be a low turnout as there is no mass demand or interest in a referendum. If its a Yes to stay in the nationalist right will not except the result due all those immigrants voting and will be back within a couple of years.
Meanwhile in America

If they think Hispanic people are sneaking in vi[…]

Jeremy Corbyn.

https://twitter.com/cpbritain/status/1089943526857[…]

Toby Young

And I bet the Spectator has got a huge readership […]

Chris Grayling

One of the companies which monitors offenders as[…]