Discussion of other UK political parties
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Emmett Jenner
Membership Days
I thought I might introduce you folks to our LGBT page on Facebook. Just for fun. :wink:

http://www.facebook.com/UkipLgbt

By ezinra
Membership Days Posts
It's very nice that Ukip has an LGBT section — congratulations, you're not the BNP. However, the party is still opposed to gay marriage, describing it as "political correctness". It is engaged in some preposterous fearmongering with its claims that, if a bill is passed, churchgoers who disapprove of gay marriage could be prosecuted for a hate crime. And Ukip representatives have repeatedly linked homosexuality with paedophilia, incest and polygamy, and suggested it is a disease that needs curing.

The other parties aren't perfect, of course. But if Ukip LGBT is to be taken as anything more serious than a PR ploy to make Farage and co seem cuddly and big-tentish, the party needs to change its policies and take action against outspoken homophobes. I'm not holding my breath.

By oboogie
Membership Days Posts
I imagine it will go the way of the EDL's LGBT Division which collapsed after the EDL attacked Bristol's Pride march in July. When EDLers started boasting on FB about "seeing off the perverts" the few LGBT members they had publicly denounced them and left.
By Carlos The Badger
Membership Days Posts
OH! Sorry, I didn't click on the link. :oops: I thought this was about; Lunatics, Gobshites, Bullshitters and Twats. But as I now know what it's actually about the UKIP bit in the title doesn't seem so redundant.
By Lord Brett
Membership Days Posts
UKIP has a long way to go and a lot of house-cleaning to do before it can even begin to be described as gay-friendly:

http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2012/05/02/co ... dangerous/

I have a lot of gay friends and I an aften surprised how many of them are Conservative supporters. It's a shameful embarassment to admit to people that some of my best friends are...Tories. Doubt if any of them would stoop so low as UKIP, though.

By oboogie
Membership Days Posts
Emmett may be interested to hear that I had a very interesting conversation with a couple of UKIPers on You Tube last night. One was a white supremacist, the other was not so moderate and resorted to making offensive remarks about the Scots, Welsh and Irish. Take a look, he calls himself ukculture
Last edited by oboogie on Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By Emmett Jenner
Membership Days
ezinra wrote:It's very nice that Ukip has an LGBT section — congratulations, you're not the BNP. However, the party is still opposed to gay marriage, describing it as "political correctness". It is engaged in some preposterous fearmongering with its claims that, if a bill is passed, churchgoers who disapprove of gay marriage could be prosecuted for a hate crime. And Ukip representatives have repeatedly linked homosexuality with paedophilia, incest and polygamy, and suggested it is a disease that needs curing.

The other parties aren't perfect, of course. But if Ukip LGBT is to be taken as anything more serious than a PR ploy to make Farage and co seem cuddly and big-tentish, the party needs to change its policies and take action against outspoken homophobes. I'm not holding my breath.

You can have the best policies in the world but you'll never get every ejit with the remotest connection with the party to know or follow them. Maybe a military dictatorship might manage the issues of order and discipline in such a way that these stories wouldn't come up but that's not the county we live in. Anything which has happened under the UKIP umbrella is magnified x10 in other longer established parties.

The second link. The man in the picture is a friend of the party and the whole thing was a stunt designed to draw attention to the fact that he was choosing UKIP over BP.

By Emmett Jenner
Membership Days
oboogie wrote:Emmett may be interested to hear that I had a very interesting conversation with a couple of UKIPers on You Tube last night. One was a white supremacist, the other was not so moderate and resorted to making offensive remarks about the Scots, Welsh and Irish. Look him up he calls himself ukculture and the vid is called "No Ugly Duckling".
Never heard of this before. Not a decision maker or policy creator. You can't choose who supports you.
Dominic Lawson

I greatly admire the academics who've come out fo[…]

The Times

A list of the Brexit Branes from the Mail: http:[…]

Jeremy Corbyn.

Children, only Chinese acrobats and western morons[…]

UKIP

To be fair, Corbynites probably also regard them a[…]