•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
By Andy McDandy
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Quite an impressive list and demolition of it.

Once again, theres the paradox at the centre - they want a return (based as far as I can see on nostalgia) to what they see as a more stable society but by removing employment protections (as the commentator highlights) all this will result in is a less stable, less secure populace. Why, if your employment contract expires after 2 years, bother buying a house or setting down roots? Or having a family?

A lot of changes are cosmetic - yes, do away with OFSTED, but replace it with a body carrying out the same function. Same with PCTs. So what's the problem? The name? Right, so the name has become toxic, thanks in no small part to your mates in the press. And when the replacement gets similarly toxic, then do another name change, order new stationery, and start again?

As far as I can see, the only people to benefit from this would be small business owners (in the short term), smokers and prostitutes. No wonder Desmond loves them.

By ezinra
Membership Days Posts
Oh, I think the very rich would be happy, too. Most of the tax proposals will benefit people with fortunes, either obviously (abolishing inheritance tax) or less so, eg:
31) Stop discriminating between married and non-married couples in the tax system.
The main existing 'discrimination' is that unmarried/non-CPd couples have to pay inheritance tax on assets over £650,000 when one of the partners dies.

As for the maternity leave proposals, Ukip has form. Their representative on the EU's gender and equality commission was Godfrey Bloom:
On maternity leave, he said that "[if] you want to have a baby, you hand in your resignation and free up a job for another young lady", explaining that he would like to overturn EU maternity legislation if his position allowed. He said maternity laws that gave women six months of paid leave and the option of another six months unpaid leave, had resulted in women losing jobs and employment. Many businesses only employed women over 40, he said. […]

He also claimed that he wanted "to deal with women's issues [...] because I just don't think they clean behind the fridge enough." He added: "I am here to represent Yorkshire women, who always have dinner on the table when you get home."
What a card.

By Tubby Isaacs
Membership Days Posts
They're not hard rightist, or timewasters:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catherine_Ashton" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ashton faced questions in the European Parliament over her role as national treasurer in the Campaign for Nuclear Disarmament in the 1980s, amid claims by its opponents that it may have had financial links to the Soviet Union. The eurosceptic United Kingdom Independence Party has written to Jose Manuel Barroso, the European Commission President, asking him to investigate whether Ashton was party to payments that he alleged were made to CND from the Soviet regime in Moscow.
So an investigation of something that probably didn't happen, 26 years previously.

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
Tubby Isaacs wrote:They're not hard rightist, or timewasters:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catherine_Ashton" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ashton faced questions in the European Parliament over her role as national treasurer in the Campaign for Nuclear Disarmament in the 1980s, amid claims by its opponents that it may have had financial links to the Soviet Union. The eurosceptic United Kingdom Independence Party has written to Jose Manuel Barroso, the European Commission President, asking him to investigate whether Ashton was party to payments that he alleged were made to CND from the Soviet regime in Moscow.
So an investigation of something that probably didn't happen, 26 years previously.
And Idi Amin funded the gay rights lobby.

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
Big Rob wrote:Oooh what a find.... Nargle Fargle giving an interview with a US Libertarian.....

The Ron Paul of Europe *snicker* ....
:lol: Alex Jones

Here he's going batshit with Piers Morgan over gun control-

[youtube]AtyKofFih8Y[/youtube]

Like the dig about making up stories at the Mirror though.
Last edited by youngian on Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

By Malcolm Armsteen
Ian - just put AtyKofFih8Y inside the YouTube tags, then it will run.

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:Ian - just put AtyKofFih8Y inside the YouTube tags, then it will run.
Cheers got it now

By Malcolm Armsteen
He's a proper cock, isn't he?

But mostly I hate him for making me feel sympathy for the repulsive Morgan.

By oboogie
Membership Days Posts
What an incredible video, it's accomplished the impossible by making Piers Morgan look reasonable.

I feel dirty now.
By me123
Membership Days
Once the cameras left, the two of them tried to start a fire by rubbing each of their brain cells together.

It takes something special to look worse than Morgan. That redneck is a walking advert for gun control. SSRIs are not "SUICIDE MURDER PILLS". And even the Mail failed to report the "hordes of people burning down cities and beating old women's brains out every day". And I loved that bit "Let's get a boxing ring in here, I'll wear Red White and Blue and you wear... your jolly roger" :lol:

Knowing that people like that have a legal access to firearms makes me genuinely scared.

By Malcolm Armsteen
Yes. And that he's being allowed to walk around without supervision. He reminds me of people who have stopped taking their medication.

By oboogie
Membership Days Posts
Presumably it's a carefully constructed character because that's what boosts the ratings and that's the really scary thing ...millions of Americans believe his shit and think he's not in the least bit batshit. I made the error of looking at some of the comments on YouTube.........theyre lapping it up.

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
oboogie wrote:Presumably it's a carefully constructed character.
I'm not sure, Alex Jones is like that all the time, ranting about illuminati world government conspiracies.
By Harold Shand
Membership Days
oboogie, don't under any circumstance look at his Infowars site and then read the comments on the Morgan show article.

It's utterly terrifying.

They're going hard after Swinson, which is underst[…]

The LibDems, generally

MPs defecting to the Lib Dems put me in mind of Em[…]

Boris Johnson

Well, I suppose to be fair, may as well give him a[…]

Labour, Generally.

It's understandable as a state of mind. I got pret[…]