•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Malcolm Armsteen
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
What? Some punctuation might help, there...
By new puritan
Membership Days Posts
The NEC's decision to fuck about with the shortlist and dump an outsider on Rotherham CLP could certainly turn out to be a big mistake. Labour need feet on the ground and the local members appear to be totally pissed off (rightly) about the interference from London, which itself suggested more than a degree of complacency.
By smod
Membership Days Posts
The social worker works for a Labour run council. How nice of the Telegraph to join the dots for the mouthbreathers foaming at the mouths over this story.
By Paul
Husband and wife's foster children from ethnic minorities 'taken away because couple joined Ukip'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z2DArqNEcy" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It was only an emergency temporary placement, but why let that get in the way of the distortion of the facts. Anyone NOT supporting UKIP is heavily red arrowed.
By smod
Membership Days Posts
Fostering is not the same as adoption. The kids are not THEIRS, they are placed in their temporary care.

- Flipjango, London,UK, 24/11/2012 7:35 765
Rank stupidity eh?

By The Giant Claw
Membership Days
Could someone please in a paragraph or two summarise what the UKIP are truly about?

I'm increasingly conversing with those who've fallen for their garbage and a well written smack-down to copy pasta at them would be very helpful.

- TGC
By new puritan
Membership Days Posts
I see that little prick Gove's stuck his beak in and announced an inquiry. Any chance of an inquiry into Tory Cheshire East Council for letting this happen?
A RETIRED painter and decorator died while living in his garden shed after being kicked out of his house by a landlord.

Malcolm Frost was left begging for food after he was evicted from his home in Ashmores Lane, Alsager, where he had failed to pay rent.

The 61-year-old was found dead in his garden shed around 10 days later by a neighbour who discovered he had been living there.

The death of Mr Frost, who was severly malnourished, has led to changes in Cheshire East Council's Adult Services department after it emerged staff failed to help Mr Frost.

His friend and neighbour Roy Edwards, yesterday told an inquest at Crewe's Municipal Buildings how Mr Frost had stopped working a few years before his death and rarely went out.

Mr Edwards said money worries had prompted his friend to sell his childhood home to a private landlord and pay rent to live there.

But the locks were changed after Mr Frost fell into arrears.

Mr Edwards said: "I started buying him food every day because he had no money at all.

"He was starving. You could see he was losing weight. In March he said he was going to be evicted and they changed all the locks so he couldn't get in. Then I found him living in the garden shed.

"He was lying on the floor, I think he was dying then. He asked me for a glass of water. That was the last thing he said to me."

Mr Edwards went to check on his friend a couple of days later, on March 23, and found him dead in the shed. A cause of death could not be established, but a pathologist said it was either heart disease or hypothermia.

Mr Frost's neighbour had called the council in December – when he was still living in his house – to raise concerns about his welfare.

But staff merely logged the details and took no further action.

Alan Gibson, from the council's Adult Services department, said an internal investigation was carried out after his death.
http://www.thisisstaffordshire.co.uk/Ev ... story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

By oboogie
Membership Days Posts
Gove tied himself in knots over the UKIP foster parents' story on PM this evening.

First he said that the couple's politics were irrelevant to their suitability as foster parents yet later he said that, if they were BNP they would be unsuitable. :roll:

Thick as brick.
By smod
Membership Days Posts
Made all the more worse by Shiny Dave's floundering about UKIP being full of closet racists. Gove really is thick.
Krishnan Guru-Murthy ‏@krishgm

For the record : 16.45 Downing St said Cameron no longer believes UKIP mostly closet racists. 18.40 said no retraction of it after all

By oboogie
Membership Days Posts
Gove also tried to indulge in some social worker bashing and how they're all useless, until he was reminded that he owes his own happy childhood to a decision made by a social worker.

By Tubby Isaacs
new puritan wrote:I see that little prick Gove's stuck his beak in and announced an inquiry. Any chance of an inquiry into Tory Cheshire East Council for letting this happen?
A RETIRED painter and decorator died while living in his garden shed after being kicked out of his house by a landlord.

Malcolm Frost was left begging for food after he was evicted from his home in Ashmores Lane, Alsager, where he had failed to pay rent.

The 61-year-old was found dead in his garden shed around 10 days later by a neighbour who discovered he had been living there.

The death of Mr Frost, who was severly malnourished, has led to changes in Cheshire East Council's Adult Services department after it emerged staff failed to help Mr Frost.

His friend and neighbour Roy Edwards, yesterday told an inquest at Crewe's Municipal Buildings how Mr Frost had stopped working a few years before his death and rarely went out.

Mr Edwards said money worries had prompted his friend to sell his childhood home to a private landlord and pay rent to live there.

But the locks were changed after Mr Frost fell into arrears.

Mr Edwards said: "I started buying him food every day because he had no money at all.

"He was starving. You could see he was losing weight. In March he said he was going to be evicted and they changed all the locks so he couldn't get in. Then I found him living in the garden shed.

"He was lying on the floor, I think he was dying then. He asked me for a glass of water. That was the last thing he said to me."

Mr Edwards went to check on his friend a couple of days later, on March 23, and found him dead in the shed. A cause of death could not be established, but a pathologist said it was either heart disease or hypothermia.

Mr Frost's neighbour had called the council in December – when he was still living in his house – to raise concerns about his welfare.

But staff merely logged the details and took no further action.

Alan Gibson, from the council's Adult Services department, said an internal investigation was carried out after his death.
http://www.thisisstaffordshire.co.uk/Ev ... story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Thanks for the reference.

Posted to another place, with hat duly tipped.

By Emmett Jenner
Membership Days
Abernathy wrote:Cue Emmett......

All I can say is that the next few weeks will be interesting. Jane Collins, our candidate in Rotherham was the candidate who came 2nd in Barnsley last year. 50 new members walked into the UKIP office in Rotherham to sign up this am.

Rotherham isn't the only election that's taking place though.

We have Middlesbrough and Croydon North. Obviously Rotherham is the one getting all the media attention so that's exciting but Winston McKenzie has a lot of local support in Croydon North.

Winston was a GLA candidate and although we didn't do well in that election overall Winston's result was good. It is also his ward so there were no second thoughts when it came to picking the candidate for Croydon North.

By Abernathy
there were no second thoughts when it came to picking the candidate for Croydon North
Why on earth would there be any second thoughts?

What does Winston think about his party's immigration policy, specfically that it wants to "end the active promotion of the doctrine of multiculturalism by local and national government"?
Last edited by Abernathy on Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Big Rob
Getting out of Europe makes Emmett all excited.

Rule from Westminster and Westminster only will make Emmett feel all empowered.

By Malcolm Armsteen
I hear from the ground that UKIP are seen as utterly irrelevant in Croydon. We haven't done enough to explain their racism, mind. Too polite to the bastards.
2019 General Election

Well, for those out campaigning today, I wish you […]

.......the thing that's keeping me going is that[…]

Paul Thomas Redux

It's the mini-me toddler I feel sorriest for.

The Brexit Party

That there are parts of the country, particularl[…]