•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Winegums
Membership Days Posts
To be fair I think it's a bit tedious asking him to comment. No politician is going to publicly support domestic abuse even if they believed it was fine and reasonable. It's like when the London riots happened and every politician tediously begun their spiel with "I'd like to say I don't condone the riots...". Boring and redundant.
By Andy McDandy
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
He's looking at his future career. If he doesn't get a Euro Commissioner job or a directorship or two, there's always being the butt monkey on HIGNFY/Would I Lie to You etc. Pays just as well as any other guest, after all.

By Malcolm Armsteen
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Winegums wrote:To be fair I think it's a bit tedious asking him to comment. No politician is going to publicly support domestic abuse even if they believed it was fine and reasonable. It's like when the London riots happened and every politician tediously begun their spiel with "I'd like to say I don't condone the riots...". Boring and redundant.
Absolutely. But on the other hand he (or his advisors, who are legion) should have anticipated the question and prepared an answer.
Either he doesn't do the very basic things (too lazy?) or he can't recall the prepared answers (too thick?).

Blair and Thatcher were the masters of that skill.

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
Andy McDandy wrote:He's looking at his future career. If he doesn't get a Euro Commissioner job or a directorship or two, there's always being the butt monkey on HIGNFY/Would I Lie to You etc. Pays just as well as any other guest, after all.
He could still fulfill his main ambition to be the British Hans Dietrich Genscher. In other words by cutting a deal in 2015 with whoever will make him foreign secretary for the next two decades.

By The Weeping Angel
Membership Days Posts
Tubby Isaacs wrote:He didn't even get a department last time.
Exactly he didn't Clegg sold the Lib Dems down the river in exchange for a non-job. BTW has anyone read that Adonis book on the coalition? Clegg apparently doesn't come out of it very well

By The Weeping Angel
Membership Days Posts
Esqui wrote:What exactly does he do, other than host a radio show, agree with everything the Tories do except for the odd "I disagree with the Tories on this non-important issue and we won't let them get it through because we are coalition partners"?
Fuck all
The Tories, Generally

Yup. The EPOS system can pretty much mind the stoc[…]

Brexit Fuckwit Thread

I expect she will either retire or return to legal[…]

The Brexit Party

<pedant> He's after the domain name , not t[…]

2019 General Election

They're at it again. https://www.labourmanifesto.[…]