•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By oboogie
Membership Days Posts
And it's counter-productive. If you disagree with someone you take them on in debate and hopefully defeat them. By refusing to even engage with them Galloway makes himself look, weak, scared and, yes, bigoted. He does his cause no favours at all by handing the moral high ground over to the Israelis.

By oboogie
Membership Days Posts
Daley Mayle wrote:Is Israel a race?

No and I didn't say it was. It's a country.

Daley Mayle wrote:I admire greatly the Jewish religion and its followers

Really? Why? I make no distinction between religions.

Daley Mayle wrote:I'm not that keen on successive Israeli governments and their decision making.

Neither am I. Another reason that I wish Galloway had the courage of his convictions.

By Daley Mayle
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
oboogie wrote:

Daley Mayle wrote:I admire greatly the Jewish religion and its followers

Really? Why? I make no distinction between religions.

Daley Mayle wrote:I'm not that keen on successive Israeli governments and their decision making.

Neither am I. Another reason that I wish Galloway had the courage of his convictions.

LB said it smacked of racism.
The Jewish faith has withstood every effort to destroy it for last two thousand years. I can't think of any major religious group who have been tested in this way. This is why I admire the religion and those who have followed it.
I agree about George. Shame really, I enjoy watching him at work as he tears lumps out of people.
By new puritan
Membership Days Posts
Not sure what Galloway thought his little flounce was going to achieve other than making him a laughing stock, again. Having said that, in spite of his numerous faults I never thought he was the type to shirk from an argument.
By Lord Brett
Membership Days Posts
Daley Mayle wrote:
oboogie wrote:

LB said it smacked of racism.
The Jewish faith has withstood every effort to destroy it for last two thousand years. I can't think of any major religious group who have been tested in this way. This is why I admire the religion and those who have followed it.
I agree about George. Shame really, I enjoy watching him at work as he tears lumps out of people.

Indeed, it's a fair point that to be Israeli is to be a citizen of a country, rather than a race. There is even an argument that to be Jewish is to be a member of a religion, rather than a race.

Still, we know what George really means. The word 'Israeli', used in that sort of context, has become a term used by anti-semites who feel the need for some plausable deniability.

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
Galloway is an adept showboater and has his calculated reasons but I can't quite see where he's coming from.

He'll share a platform with a die hard pro-Israeli supporter as long as he is not from Israel (in this case a man called Eylon Aslan-Levy), but not with someone who is from Israel but is an opponent of the country's expansionary policies.

By Malcolm Armsteen
Membership Days Posts
Unless you are in danger of losing a section of your core vote and want to make the right noises.

Though any Muslim supporters would have to either be very fanatical or pretty dim to be taken in by this.
Labour, Generally.

Indeed, Corbyn and co did their best to undermine,[…]

UKIP

Farage is a "person of interest". And in[…]

UK's aspirations for post-Brexit trade deal an […]

Sad Faces in Local Papers

He's from Stoke, no? "Bloke from Brexit Cent[…]