Discussion of other UK political parties
:sunglasses: 31.4 % ❤ 7.3 % :thumbsup: 3.6 % 😯 2.2 % :grinning: 29.9 % 🧥 3.6 % 🙏 0.7 % 😟 18.2 % :cry: 2.2 % :shit: 0.7 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Somebody must've noticed that Toby Young was asking people for money, and getting it:
Brexit Party founder forms new group with Tommy Robinson

The founder of the Brexit Party has launched a new group - alongside former EDL frontman Tommy Robinson and 'rape joke' UKIP candidate Carl Benjamin.

Catherine Blaiklock, who was booted from her post leading the Brexit Party once it was founded for racist tweets, hopes her new organisation will challenge "woke, progressive and Anglophobic worldview" on people.

The "alliance of free speech activists" aim to launch their group at the end of the month as an attempt to balance out what they claim is an "increasing left wing liberal bias in our society."

Attempting to again stoke up fear, the group claims: "Neither the Islamisation of our culture nor the grooming gang scandal has not been enough to wake people up. But there is a growing concern about the LGBT agenda sexualising our young children and the draconian clamp down on free speech. And with Brexit now delivered (in some shape or form) this distraction has now been removed," group spokesman Peter Mcilvenna told Politicalite.

"More or less everyone we have spoken to say its time that we all work together. This movement will be a loose alliance of many big hitters that will work together to challenge the liberal agenda and educate the public and provide the tools to push back the tide. It will be a cultural movement that seeks to educate through media and regular face to face gatherings."
Free speech for us, and for you as long as you don't say anything nice about brown people or admit that LGBT+ people exist.
It may just be me, but putting yourself in Putin's pocket may not turn out exactly how these cretins think it will. Especially if they get financial backing and are expected to do as they're told in return. I for one would not want to be indebted to Putin and his henchmen. 'Robinson' and Golding are in way over their heads here.
Oddly enough, I came across this story a couple of weeks ago that might be a little bit relevant...

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-germ ... SKCN18D29T

Summary: Leading AFD politician in Germany makes public speech moaning about "political correctness", in response the host of a TV comedy show calls her a "Nazi bitch" in a satirical fashion. Said politician gets all offended and snowflakish, runs to court in response. Court tells her that (a) freedom of expression exists in Germany, (b) as a leading political & public figure she must accept having to put up with "exaggerated criticism", and (c) practice what you fucking preach.
Boiler, Safe_Timber_Man, Samanfur and 3 others liked this
Even funnier is the case of AfD fascist, Björn Höcke who, in September, asked the beak to stop nasty lefties calling him a fascist.

The court decided, "But mate, you are a fucking fascist", or as they put it, that the term was being used on a "verifiable factual basis".

For more, un this through Chrome or Deepl;

https://www.spiegel.de/politik/deutschl ... 89131.html
The United Kingdom, 2020. Here we go...

Friday, 28 February 2020
Turning Point UK Turning Nasty
https://zelo-street.blogspot.com/2020/0 ... nasty.html

oboogie liked this
The Red Arrow wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:47 pm
The United Kingdom, 2020. Here we go...

Friday, 28 February 2020
Turning Point UK Turning Nasty
https://zelo-street.blogspot.com/2020/0 ... nasty.html

ARGH that TP video makes me so angry.

They never fucking see the basic category errors of their bullshit. They're so fucking LIMITED.
cycloon wrote: ARGH that TP video makes me so angry.

They never fucking see the basic category errors of their bullshit. They're so fucking LIMITED.
Yup.

Edit: Thread.

No, its because people decided that it was the right thing to do, then they threw their hats in the air and shouted "Huzzah!", for they were English.
By WTF?
Membership Days
Safe_Timber_Man wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:03 pm
It may just be me, but putting yourself in Putin's pocket may not turn out exactly how these cretins think it will. Especially if they get financial backing and are expected to do as they're told in return. I for one would not want to be indebted to Putin and his henchmen. 'Robinson' and Golding are in way over their heads here.
Nope, it's not just you :D

He that sup with Putin best have a long spoon.
The Red Arrow wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:35 am
cycloon wrote: ARGH that TP video makes me so angry.

Yup.

Edit: Thread.

The reply by Robert Saunders is terrific. Bang on.

TP knowingly - or just through blind stupidity (both?) - turn it into 'scorecard' history, which comes from a fundamental inability or unwillingness to see critiquing the past as anything other than 'upsetting the apple cart', rather than being a crucial activity of a healthy society and culture.

The point is, and I know I always bang on about this, is not that they think history isn't a set of stories (they implicitly accept it in their moral ontology, imo, i.e. yes history is facts, but it's also clearly a set of stories that give them meaning), but that it should only be ONE story, and anything contrary to this is inherently threatening and 'political'.

'We are normal, you're all weirdos'.
WTF?, Zuriblue liked this
By WTF?
Membership Days
The Red Arrow wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:35 am

Ahh, the British Empire! The greatest act of collective altruism ever undertaken by mankind. Organised and administered by the paramilitary wing of the Salvation Army for, and on behalf off, those poor unfortunates who found themselves living in pre-industrial societies. No sniggering at the back there. Their lack of access to Maxim guns had no bearing on anything whatsoever.

P.S. I've been to Elgin. It was pissing down and I can assure you we need those marbles more than the Greeks ever did.
I genuinely don't get the process of thought that has someone think the following is any sense insightful, interesting or useful, in any way other than identifying themselves as a vacuum of critical thought:

'yes, well, there were atrocities, but what about the introduction of [arbitrary invention X or form of ancient institution Y]'

How is that saying anything about history?
The Trump Presidency

It feels wrong to laugh at this given the circumst[…]

Roll Call

I'm late to the party on petrol pumps but I first […]

Aye, you cold never accuse old Brian of being half[…]

Michael Gove

I know some Besiktas fans still dining out on the […]