Page 95 of 98

Re: Sundry far-right groups and parties.

Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:10 am
by Bones McCoy
Andy McDandy wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:09 pm
Judeo-Christian - white.
Except: visit any urban church in the UK and you'll find a mixed or predominantly black congregation.

Obvs doesn't apply in the USA (Where the term originated) cos their Churches haven't desegregated yet.
In fact it isn't even on the agenda.

Re: Sundry far-right groups and parties.

Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:12 am
by Bones McCoy
davidjay wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:18 pm
"disrupt the nuclear family"

Is this one eighties as well, or is it nineties? I know it's something to do with the gays and test tubes hur hur. And single mothers on benefits.
And you know how you got the nuclear family?

By disrupting the extended multi-generational family.
All that Tebbit "on your bike" stuff...

Re: Sundry far-right groups and parties.

Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:57 am
by Andy McDandy
Bones McCoy wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:10 am
Andy McDandy wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:09 pm
Judeo-Christian - white.
Except: visit any urban church in the UK and you'll find a mixed or predominantly black congregation.

Obvs doesn't apply in the USA (Where the term originated) cos their Churches haven't desegregated yet.
In fact it isn't even on the agenda.
Oh absolutely, but we're not talking about actually religious people here. We're talking about people who say "this is a Christian country" when the closest they get to religion is the occasional wedding and funeral, and grimacing through Songs of Praise when granny comes to visit.

Re: Sundry far-right groups and parties.

Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:36 am
by davidjay
Bones McCoy wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:12 am
davidjay wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:18 pm
"disrupt the nuclear family"

Is this one eighties as well, or is it nineties? I know it's something to do with the gays and test tubes hur hur. And single mothers on benefits.
And you know how you got the nuclear family?

By disrupting the extended multi-generational family.
All that Tebbit "on your bike" stuff...
And we all know which section of the communty still adhere to the extended family.

Re: Sundry far-right groups and parties.

Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:23 am
by Bones McCoy
davidjay wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:36 am
Bones McCoy wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:12 am
davidjay wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:18 pm
"disrupt the nuclear family"

Is this one eighties as well, or is it nineties? I know it's something to do with the gays and test tubes hur hur. And single mothers on benefits.
And you know how you got the nuclear family?

By disrupting the extended multi-generational family.
All that Tebbit "on your bike" stuff...
And we all know which section of the communty still adhere to the extended family.
Funnily enough it includes some of the the poor white boys who are underrepresented in education, where grandparents, or great gradparents are supplying mush of te parenting while Mum works a ZHC job.

It also includes many of the "good immigrants" who may not share the same house, but may have several adjacent / nearby properties, daily interaction and still apply the principles of shared family wealth.


But nobody expects facts, logic of consistency from the 57 varieties of the far-right.

Re: Sundry far-right groups and parties.

Posted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:20 am
by MisterMuncher
spoonman wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:53 pm
Andy McDandy wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:09 pm
Judeo-Christian - white.
The right-wing politically correct way of saying "white".
The right wing politically correct way to say "white, and Christian, at least in origin, with a fig leaf for rooted anti-semitism by including pro-Israel Jews".

If Judaism does come up, expect to hear "self-hating Jew" and other fundie tropes roughly once a second.

Re: Sundry far-right groups and parties.

Posted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:29 am
by Andy McDandy
For many, their support for Judaism goes about as far as:

1. The Holocaust was out of order.
2. Mel Brooks is quite funny.
3. They hate Muslims so can't be all bad.

Re: Sundry far-right groups and parties.

Posted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:35 am
by MisterMuncher
There's a specific exclusion of Islam right at the heart of the term.

It's always good fun to ask what theological points exclude Islam as incompatible given that the other two are pretty much mutually exclusive. A fair bit of it can be traced back to the likes of "Jews for Jesus" and other sundry Christian groups who took on Jewish window dressing as part of their evangelism.

There's also the inconvenience that American right wing fundie support of Judaism is really about restoring Israel so God can destroy them instead....

Re: Sundry far-right groups and parties.

Posted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:28 pm
by Samanfur
The Judean Popular People's Front has entered the arena:
I genuinely wonder how many of the same people who threw money at the Brexit Party would throw money at him again.

Re: Sundry far-right groups and parties.

Posted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:43 pm
by The Red Arrow
As Viz had it, "Want to stop being gullible? Send £100 to N. Farage, Kent."

Re: Sundry far-right groups and parties.

Posted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:48 pm
by MisterMuncher
Samanfur wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:28 pm
The Judean Popular People's Front has entered the arena:
I genuinely wonder how many of the same people who threw money at the Brexit Party would throw money at him again.
I guarantee there's at least one sap still paying his sub to the Brexit Party and who never cancelled his UKIP membership currently eyeing this up thinking "this time we win".

Re: Sundry far-right groups and parties.

Posted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:07 pm
by Boiler
Samanfur wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:28 pm
The Judean Popular People's Front has entered the arena:
I genuinely wonder how many of the same people who threw money at the Brexit Party would throw money at him again.
As long as the twenties are wrapped around one of LBC's finest, I have no problem.

(for the avoidance of doubt, in this instance LBC = London Brick Company)

Re: Sundry far-right groups and parties.

Posted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:16 am
by Andy McDandy
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... are_btn_tw

Marina Hyde on the Lozzer's efforts. Funny.

Re: Sundry far-right groups and parties.

Posted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:25 am
by Watchman
And its claimed that "the Right" has no comedians

Re: Sundry far-right groups and parties.

Posted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:10 pm
by Bones McCoy
Andy McDandy wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:16 am
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... are_btn_tw

Marina Hyde on the Lozzer's efforts. Funny.
That's very very good.
By contrast my best was "Why the long face".
Which is why I'm not a guardian columnist.