Discussion of other UK political parties
:sunglasses: 19.6 % ❤ 7.1 % :thumbsup: 1.8 % :grinning: 26.8 % 🙏 1.8 % 😟 39.3 % :cry: 1.8 % :shit: 1.8 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
And by way of edit, my Mum died unexpectedly and mercifully this pm. I was lucky to spend time with her this morning and have just been over to her nursing home there to thank the amazing Katya (from Poland) and Ionella (from Romania) who held her hand as she died and have been nothing short of amazing these last few months. These are the people we want to turn away. Have we really (and I know this is the grief talking) sunk so low that we can't find room for these people to perform the amazing jobs that they every day to give dignity and respect to so many people including my Mum.
My deepest condolences. I think that Kreuz said it best.
Thank you all of you for your kind comments. I have enjoyed being part of this board (the only board I post to) for a while now and like its wit, literacy and (mostly!) informed comments as well as its intense dislike of the Daily Mail's "values" which is of course what drew me here in the first place.

We have never met and probably never will meet but I genuinely appreciate the time you have taken to pass on your condolences. My Mum's fight is over but there are other battles still to be won.
The Rationalist wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:10 pm
Have we really (and I know this is the grief talking) sunk so low that we can't find room for these people to perform the amazing jobs that they every day to give dignity and respect to so many people including my Mum.
Very sorry to hear your news, but I think we have sunk so low. Or we wouldn't be leaving the EU.
I was initially a bit surprised at the total lack of any racism while I was in hospital, as at 70 I was the youngest in my ward. I eventually concluded that hospital was the first time they had really interacted with people they previously thought of as inferior.
The Rationalist wrote: ↑
Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:10 pm
Have we really (and I know this is the grief talking) sunk so low that we can't find room for these people to perform the amazing jobs that they every day to give dignity and respect to so many people including my Mum.

My mother also had a bad death from cancer in May and my experience was the same, her p/t carer and visiting nurses were brilliant. All the equipment she would have enjoyed in a hospital was bought to the home and I would not have even coped with lifting techniques correctly without their input.
The Trump Presidency

https://scontent-ort2-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/501[…]

Climate change and "politics"

No.

SNP

Ha ha ha, https://twitter.com/PolhomeEditor/statu[…]

Jeremy Corbyn.

A BBC2 documentary last Wednesday about Chavez w[…]