•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Tubby Isaacs
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Hadn't seen this, from last month. Left-wing SNP attacking Danny Alexander from the Right.
“If the Lib Dems really believe that the best way to revert their collapse into an electoral irrelevance in Scotland is to land households across Scotland with increased bills, then they are wrong.

“Ending the council tax freeze would be the last thing that struggling households need; so I am writing to Danny Alexander to find out his views on this preposterous proposal.

“The council tax freeze has saved an average of over £1,200 for households across Scotland, helping people manage stretched household budgets – and that freeze will continue for the lifetime of this parliament regardless of what the Lib Dems so or do.

“It could not be clearer just how badly out of step with the Scottish electorate the Lib Dems are, it is little wonder that the recent Survation poll put their support at just 6%.”

By Kreuzberger
Littlejohn's brain wrote:I bet if these trident was based in the Humber then somehow the SNP wouldn't be so determined to see Trident removed.
A hae ma doots, thirty billion of them.

By Arrowhead
A bit of local trouble brewing for Alex?
No campaigners back ‘stop Salmond’ candidate
The strong No vote recorded in Aberdeenshire has given local Better Together activists hope that they can work together to keep Salmond out.
http://www.scotsman.com/news/politics/t ... -1-3650269" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

By Arrowhead
Littlejohn's brain wrote:It would be amusing to see Salmond lose at the election but that I'm afraid to say is unlikely to happen.
I think you're probably correct, although stranger things have happened. I suppose persuading all those 'No' voters to coalesce behind a solitary party - most likely the Lib Dems in this instance - is asking too much.

Looks like we'll have to rely on Clegg to give us our Portillo Moment next May 8)
Dominic Cummings

It's more plausible than a drive-by eye test... h[…]

Boris Johnson

Well, I just booed for Boris. And I feel fine. :D

The Trump Presidency

Insane.

The Tories, Generally

I'm beginning to think this may be right. https[…]