•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By The Weeping Angel
Membership Days Posts
Alex Salmond has been accused of sexual misconduct and is now taking the Scottish Government to court.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland- ... s-45287672
The former Scottish first minister, Alex Salmond, has described sexual misconduct allegations against him as "patently ridiculous".

The claims date back to December 2013, when Mr Salmond was still in office, according to the Daily Record.

In a statement, he said he was taking the Scottish government to court to challenge the complaints procedure which had been activated against him.

The Scottish government said it would "defend its position vigorously".

And it said it was vital that any allegations of harassment were treated seriously and investigated thoroughly, regardless of who was said to have been involved.

By Kreuzberger
Membership Days Posts
Mike Russell is not prone to showboating. He's actually quite a mensch. It is unlikely that he would run his mouth unless he is firm in what he says. This is encouraging.

Norn Irn, Scotland, Gib, Chagos Islands, Falklands - all up for grabs because some cunt in Spalding thought there was a Romanian rocket scientist living in their shed. Did I miss any out?

By Big Arnold
Membership Days Posts
Wales?
Barnier has proposed keeping part of the United Kingdom (Northern Ireland) in the SM/CU. If a rules based organisation like the EU can do that, why cannot it extend it to Scotland, Wales et al?
I know there are political problems with a hard Irish border that don't apply elsewhere, but even so. May stated yesterday that she intends to implement the "will of the people" whatever the cost. Which gives the EU27 little reason to minimise the cost and May little bargaining strength.

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
Kreuzberger wrote:
Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:40 pm
Norn Irn, Scotland, Gib, Chagos Islands, Falklands - all up for grabs because some cunt in Spalding thought there was a Romanian rocket scientist living in their shed. Did I miss any out?
I think I'm right in saying NI's neighbour the Isle of Man has a different arrangement with the EU as the UK but Her Maj is still head of state and has its own parliament. There's also odd bespoke deals for statelets like Andorra.

By bluebellnutter
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Big Arnold wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:07 am
Wales?
Barnier has proposed keeping part of the United Kingdom (Northern Ireland) in the SM/CU. If a rules based organisation like the EU can do that, why cannot it extend it to Scotland, Wales et al?
The Wales that voted to Leave? Fuck 'em.

By Abernathy
He's crowdfunding his attempt to obtain a judicial review of the Scots government's complaints investigation procedures, not his defence against the sexual misconduct charges.

By Abernathy
For the salaciously minded among you filthy animals, here is a link to the details of the allegations levelled at Wee Eck, as reported in the Glasgow Daily Record :

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/poli ... s-13134675

By Big Arnold
Membership Days Posts
After being investigated by Scottish Government Permanent Secretary Leslie Evans for eight months, the complaints were passed to the police.
How can it take eight months? Something that either happened or didn't happen four years ago. One person's word against another's with no supporting evidence.

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
Abernathy wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:06 am
For the salaciously minded among you filthy animals, here is a link to the details of the allegations levelled at Wee Eck, as reported in the Glasgow Daily Record :

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/poli ... s-13134675

Not only is the alleged incident uncomfortable reading of reprehensible behaviour but gives a picture of a sad and pathetic dirty old man.
Jeremy Corbyn.

I have my doubts Corbyn will go if he loses the […]

Toby Young

And I bet the Spectator has got a huge readership […]

Chris Grayling

One of the companies which monitors offenders as[…]

Jacob Rees-Mogg

Jake acting the shit again: https://www.bbc.co.u[…]