:sunglasses: 50 % ❤ 6.3 % :grinning: 37.5 % :shit: 6.3 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Tubby Isaacs
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
The GERS aren't very good. Some SNP heavyweights aren't bothered though.

Political heavyweights backed up by economic heavyweights.
Richard Murphy says:
August 21 2019 at 4:00 pm
I did what an auditor calls an analytical review

An accountant makes sure the books balance in accordance with the rules

A good FD and a good auditor sniffs them to see if they make sense

I was not a very good accountant by this definition (it is mighty tedious being that sort of accountant, IMHO)

I am a pretty good auditor / FD
Accountants don't just "Make sure the books balance". Nor do the people who produce the GERS just "make the books balance either". They do what Murphy says he does. And as far as I know, he's never been an FD (Finance Director).

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:04 am

Got to be nearly all the Tories gone, hasn't it? Outside chance of Lib Dems becoming competitive in The Borders again?
20% doesn't get you much under FPTP - probably 2 or 3 agribusiness seats.

They'll get a few into Holyrood on the lists.
Though I'd still struggle to name any beyond Ruth (retired) Davidson and David (sacked) Mundell.

By Cyclist
Membership Days Posts
The SNP shows it's not just the Tories and the Daily Fail who are dirty cunts who distort the truth to serve their own ends:

Jo Swinson wins court bid to stop SNP 'fracking' leaflet

Lib Dem leader Jo Swinson has succeeded in her bid to stop an SNP leaflet which accuses her of accepting a £14,000 donation from "a fracking company".

Ms Swinson asked the Court of Session in Edinburgh to stop the Royal Mail from distributing the leaflet in her East Dunbartonshire constituency.

The SNP's QC had argued there was no "substantial untruth" in the leaflet.

But Lord Pentland said a statement on the leaflet was false in substance, materially inaccurate and defamatory.

He said: "I don't consider it would be right for an official election leaflet which contains a prima facie defamatory statement to be distributed by the Royal Mail."

Ruling in favour of Ms Swinson, Lord Pentland ordered the SNP and its candidate Amy Callaghan to pay Ms Swinson's costs.

The SNP's legal team is considering an appeal....

...Roddy Dunlop QC told the court earlier that a director of Warwick Energy, a renewable energy company which holds licences for fracking, had made the £14,000 donation in a personal capacity to Ms Swinson's constituency office.

The QC said the donation had not been made to Ms Swinson personally and had not come from a fracking company, and that 80% of the company's output came from renewable energy sources.

He said: "It does have a fracking licence but it doesn't engage in shale gas fracking."

Mr Dunlop added: "We are in the midst of a general election. It is unlawful for there to be made a false statement of fact in relation to the personal character or conduct of a character."...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2019-50565209
The Northern Irish thread

A significant night in Belfast, for the first time[…]

2019 General Election

The Tories cling on by their fingertips in Wimbled[…]

Jeremy Corbyn.

Oh look they've already started with blame the Jew[…]

Labour, Generally.

I'm not on the Twatter and the Faecebooks but my r[…]