Discussion of other UK political parties
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
 
By Arnold
Membership Days Posts
#399775
Daley Mayle wrote:Why did a box come up warning that the website was 'nonsense'? I've read websites run by feminists that are equally self-serving, partial and batshit.
That box is from http://www.donotlink.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;, used by Ezinra to avoid contsmination from the actual party site.
 
By Daley Mayle
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
#399825
Arnold wrote:
Daley Mayle wrote:Why did a box come up warning that the website was 'nonsense'? I've read websites run by feminists that are equally self-serving, partial and batshit.
That box is from http://www.donotlink.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;, used by Ezinra to avoid contsmination from the actual party site.
It's nonsense in Ezinra's opinion, yes. If our Ezza is so offended by a site that possibly no one knew about here why give it publicity? As anyone actually read the manifesto? Of course it is partial, it is arguing for the rights of men that the author feels needs addressing.

@Ezrina, do you have a break down of the number of women in PR, marketing and advertising in the UK? From my personal experience there are as many females as there are males, if not more so. These would be the same women who are behind adverts in the UK that show men as rather pathetic laughable losers (usually loose lipped and podgy) who are firmly put in their place by a smart sassy woman (always slim, capable and, for reasons I can't get a grip on, wearing a grey vest and sporting close cropped hair. Not unlike Lara Croft from Tomb Raiders come to think of it).

.
 
By D.C. Harrison
Membership Days Posts
#399832
I'm surprised that this bunch of goons are wanting to ban abortion. Half the meatheads I meet who whine that women are "taking over" and such guff are the first to complain when they are "trapped" by a woman getting pregnant.
 
By ezinra
Membership Days Posts
#399836
Daley Mayle wrote:It's nonsense in Ezinra's opinion, yes.
Nowt to do with me. What that means is that somebody elsewhere on the net has tagged the site as 'nonsense' when linking it via Do Not Link. I agree with them, obviously, but it wasnae me; my link said it was a "hideously ugly wordpress page", which is surely even less contestable.

Adverts and the advertising industry are not at the top of my political agenda. I would agree with the tumblr I linked which says:
Sometimes ads target men. Sometimes they target women. But every time, all the time, they do so in a manner which portrays the other gender as stupid. Or as little more than sexual objects. Or as people who exist purely to look after their partners.

Though I'm sure if you look hard enough you'll see that men are mostly portrayed in ways that underline their competence, strength and resilience (think car ads, shaving ads, all those celebrity footballers selling sports gear), while women's area of competence is limited to tasks like cleaning the bathroom and applying eyeliner.

Anita Sarkeesian shows how Lego's marketing to girls has changed, for the worse, since I was wee.
By Andy McDandy
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
#399837
D.C. Harrison wrote:I'm surprised that this bunch of goons are wanting to ban abortion. Half the meatheads I meet who whine that women are "taking over" and such guff are the first to complain when they are "trapped" by a woman getting pregnant.
Kids - good to boast about, not so good to care about.
 
By Esqui
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
#399838
ezinra wrote:
Sometimes ads target men. Sometimes they target women. But every time, all the time, they do so in a manner which portrays the other gender as stupid. Or as little more than sexual objects. Or as people who exist purely to look after their partners.

Though I'm sure if you look hard enough you'll see that men are mostly portrayed in ways that underline their competence, strength and resilience (think car ads, shaving ads, all those celebrity footballers selling sports gear), while women's area of competence is limited to tasks like cleaning the bathroom and applying eyeliner.
And some cases, a lot of adverts don't do much for men or women. I'm particularly thinking of those adverts that Daley refers to where a woman "puts a man in his place". Quite often, said adverts are for cleaning products, shopping, etc. And when the overall message is "Stupid man, this is woman's work", I think both should feel offended.
 
By Littlejohn's brain
Membership Days Posts
#399861
D.C. Harrison wrote:I'm surprised that this bunch of goons are wanting to ban abortion. Half the meatheads I meet who whine that women are "taking over" and such guff are the first to complain when they are "trapped" by a woman getting pregnant.
Caring for kids is a woman's responsibility ain't right Mike?
Jeremy Corbyn.

Children, only Chinese acrobats and western morons[…]

UKIP

To be fair, Corbynites probably also regard them a[…]

The Times

Brainy Brits come out for Brexit Let me guess[…]

Higher Education

Another disastrous idea in the offing: May warns[…]