•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Abernathy
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... ntary.html

A fairly vile Tory Harpie, though less so than say Dorries or the loathsome McVey, and a smidgin more intelligent (which granted isn't saying much). Future leader material? (if she holds her seat).

In denying vehemently that she called Ed Miliband a sanctimonious cunt, it looks very like she protests too much.

I reckon she did call him that. But I really don't mind.

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
Anna Soubry is certainly a bruiser and is one of the few frontline Tories that has stood out in refusing to dance to UKIP and her party's hard right racist and nationalist tunes. And that hasn't done her career much good which tells you a lot about what the Tories have become.

By The Red Arrow
Membership Days Posts
What could have been said in original clip? Here are a few suggestions to bear in mind when you listen to the audio (click the speaker to listen).
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/po ... 70151.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

By Abernathy
I was perhaps unfair to Ms Soubry when I kicked off this thread 3 years or so ago.

I've now taken to thinking of sparky old Anna as a sort of through-the-looking-glass, not-evil, Kate Hoey equivalent. A genuine woman of principle.
Timbo liked this

By Timbo
Membership Days Posts
Indeed. Every time I see her give an interview, I find myself wondering "what the hell are you doing in the Tory party?" It seems to be something she's asked increasingly often, quite possibly even in the bathroom mirror.

By bluebellnutter
I suspect Anna (as with Ken Clarke) is of the wing who are Tories based on economics but aren't especially in tune with the social conservatism of the likes of Rees-Mogg and his ilk. This is the culture war we're seeing in the Tory party, the fiscal conservatives would much prefer to be in the EU (what with it's economic benefits) whereas the tubthumping nationalists want out because it's run by foreigners.

By Malcolm Armsteen
bluebellnutter wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:36 am
I suspect Anna (as with Ken Clarke) is of the wing who are Tories based on economics but aren't especially in tune with the social conservatism of the likes of Rees-Mogg and his ilk. This is the culture war we're seeing in the Tory party, the fiscal conservatives would much prefer to be in the EU (what with it's economic benefits) whereas the tubthumping nationalists want out because it's run by foreigners.
This is certainly true of Tories I know.
By Andy McDandy
It's been the dichotomy in the party since the Thatcher years. The closest they've got to resolving it is social controls for other people, free rein for PLU.

By Abernathy
Must you spoil love ? If you look at the start of this thread, you'll see I've been on an Anna journey. Mind you, I'd still rather shag Anna than Margaret Thatcher's corpse.

By Boiler
Abernathy wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:34 pm
Must you spoil love ? If you look at the start of this thread, you'll see I've been on an Anna journey.
This is for your own good, Abers...
Abernathy liked this
Boris Johnson

Ripped the timetable out of his hands and shoved[…]

The Sun

THE SUN SAYS Us Brits aren’t negotiating wi[…]

Brexit Fuckwit Thread

As if to drive home the point. I was in Cork for […]

Jeremy Corbyn.

Basically the GFA is the single greatest achieveme[…]