•  

By davidjay
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Bones McCoy wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:24 pm
Cyclist wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:47 pm
404 page not found

If she's going to Leave Ireland where will she go? We don't want the fucker over here.
PM Treeza might ennoble her for services to preserving Treeza's career.

Otherwise it'll be cross the Atlantic for a temporary seat among Trump's genetic freakshow of spokespeople.
I would hazard a guess that Baroness Foster is a given one day. The Tories' ability to look after their own is second only to the speed with which they disown them once their useful work is done.

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
The leader of the Northern Irish political party that props up British Prime Minister Theresa May said the European Union’s chief negotiator was not an honest broker, the BBC reported on Monday.

Democratic Unionist Party leader Arlene Foster said EU chief Brexit negotiator Michel Barnier was not respectful of the view of unionists, who support Northern Ireland remaining part of the United Kingdom.

“I don’t think he does understand the wider unionist culture of Northern Ireland,” Foster told BBC TV. “His proposal of us being in an all-Ireland regulatory scenario with a border down the Irish Sea simply does not work. https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-brita ... KKBN1I10FT

That's right Arlene an EU negotiator is mandated to represent the interests of EU members not act as a broker with a third party. Barnier also understands how the majority of NI voted in the EURef.

By MisterMuncher
Arlene might not quite understand exactly how tenuous her position really is here. She's working on a fairly big assumption that her party's electoral status is in any way reflecting the general unionist consensus on Brexit. If it came right down to it, she'd get her eye wiped.

By spoonman
Membership Days Posts
Imagine if you will the howls of outrage if the Queen signed off a nomination for a life peerage someone whom could be referred to as a 'radical cleric' who has supported & stood on stage with a man that sanctioned the murder of innocents in what he believed was a religious and cultural war, who led prayers at the funerals of two terrorists that died "in battle", and whom has also called for the bombing of towns and villages.

Well there's no need to imagine it, because it's happening...

Former DUP MP William McCrea to get peerage

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-44172743

...and to back up the points I made in the first paragraph, I suggest a quick read of his Wikipedia page.

Just to add, surprise surprise he supports homoeopathy, is a shite gospel singer and is rumoured to be one of at least two prominent DUP figures that has taken out a superinjunction.

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
Who said the UK has no leverage against Varadkar's veto?
Call for British airstrikes against Irish towns
A Northern Ireland Office memo released under the thirty-year rule in December 2014 revealed that McCrea had called for the Royal Air Force to carry out "strikes against Dundalk, Drogheda, Crossmaglen and Carrickmore" at the DUP's annual conference in April 1986

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
Labour's Corbyn in snub to IRA victims' families on Northern Ireland visit
Corbyn criticised for not accepting invitation to meet IRA victims during two-day visit

DUP MP Gregory Campbell last night said he had received no response from the Labour Party to several invitations he had extended to Mr Corbyn to meet those injured or bereaved in IRA attacks.

Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn plans to break Stormont impasse and avoid a hard border
A Labour source told the Belfast Telegraph that no snub was intended.

"Jeremy Corbyn's visit to Northern Ireland has been planned for some time, with arrangements in place weeks, not days ago," he said.

"We recently received a request to meet by email from Gregory Campbell MP.

"A Labour member of staff has been in touch with his office to let them know that at this late stage his request could not be met."

The East Londonderry MP said he first contacted Mr Corbyn about the matter 10 days ago. https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news ... 40094.html
Anyone can pull that one: "I wrote to Mr Corbyn to come and visit our charity cake sale and he ignored me. He cares nothing for cake makers and charities." And why would Jez waste his schedule time meeting a nutjob like Gregory Campbell?

By spoonman
Membership Days Posts
Loads of whispers going around social media about two high ranking DUP politicians being caught having an affair. Normally I'd take this with a handful of salt but it seems to be a right coincidence that both people in question have suddenly taken themselves off Twitter and the spouse of one of them is threatening to sue anyone who makes even a hint of the alleged affair on said platform.

If true & it gets leaked out this won't just be contained within NI political circles like Iris Robinson's cougar adventures did a few years ago given the DUP's deal with the Tories.
By Andy McDandy
It's funny that both the DUP and the Tories are reduced to bogeymen to stay in power - either Corbyn or Gerry Adams leading a bunch of hairy IRA men round your house to force your kids to listen to U2 albums.

By MisterMuncher
spoonman wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:25 pm
Loads of whispers going around social media about two high ranking DUP politicians being caught having an affair. Normally I'd take this with a handful of salt but it seems to be a right coincidence that both people in question have suddenly taken themselves off Twitter and the spouse of one of them is threatening to sue anyone who makes even a hint of the alleged affair on said platform.

If true & it gets leaked out this won't just be contained within NI political circles like Iris Robinson's cougar adventures did a few years ago given the DUP's deal with the Tories.
Gwan, pm me that shit, I've been very out of the loop this last week.
2019 General Election

Thread https://twitter.com/ByDonkeys/status/119[…]

Piers Morgan

Best Piers: Southend, Brighton, Llandudno. Worst […]

The Sun

The Sun appear to believe Harry and Meghan flying […]

Richard Littlejohn

https://thedailygrime.files.wordpress.com/2013/[…]