Discussion of other UK political parties
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Anyone heard of this bunch of right wing pub bores yet?

Ive seen some stuff on Facebook about them and it seems like its a new party consisting of the kind of people who like to share Britain First bollocks online. They are claiming 8000 members so far.

Is it something new for right wing twats to group around now UKIP is fucked or what?

It seems to be the usual stuff "our boys", bring back hanging, restrict immigration and so on. Right up the Mail's street.
The hard right love to fragment into different groups almost as much as the hard left. It's all about the same thing too at the end of the day, ego-enhancing power-trips. It's just that these days anyone can set themselves up with a Facebook page and pretend you're somebody, whereas 20 years ago they'd never have got further than the snug in the local.

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
They've got themselves an uncritical story on the Force's network news site. This is a Freikorps outfit.
A new political party has been formed by disillusioned military veterans, which claims to be 'at war with politicians'.

The UK Veterans' and People's Party has reportedly gained 8,000 members in a month after being created in mid-May.

The party, which was founded by seven veterans, plans to put up candidates across the country in the next election, according to the Metro.

Its policies include cutting politicians' salaries and a harder stance on immigration, along with reinstating the death penalty.

Chairman and co-founder Danny Mitchell, an ex-aircraft technician and mechanic with the Royal Electrical and Mechanical Engineers, said: "We will take it to their door and show them first-hand what we're made of. Courage, honour and integrity.

"I think that what we are doing is based on logical and common sense."We have been working on our manifesto, which will likely be ready in around four weeks, and my colleague Damian McAndrew has been working on education reform and political reform."

Other core policies include deprivatising the NHS and discounting pharmaceutical drugs so patients can receive medicine more easily and cheaply.

The party has promised to support the Trident nuclear deterrent programme, meanwhile, although it says it would support a global nuclear amnesty if it was ever agreed.

Speaking about the controversial pledge to reinstate the death penalty, Mr Mitchell, from Merseyside, said: "If you take someone's life then yours may be taken too. I'd say 95% of our members [are for bringing back to death penalty]. It's a deterrent like nuclear missiles – it doesn't have to be used."

"Imagine you are Michael Adebolajo who killed fusilier Lee Rigby. The man consciously decided what he was going to do so it's justifiable that he would lose his life too. http://www.forces.net/news/new-veterans ... bers-month" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
That was his plan.

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
I had a look on their Facebook.

The guy in charge seems genuine, and the few policies in their manifesto appear far too PC for the likes of LittleJohn or Farage.

Then problems are twofold.

1. Figuring out precisely what they do offer - at present it's limited to listening to everybody and bringing military expertise and methods to the business of government.
2. Plenty of the contributors on their facebook haven't read the policies in their manifesto - for example the charming Mister "Declare war on the domestic terrorists who shouldn't be here".

This guy nails it
I've been reading a lot of the comments..
And although I like what some are saying within the comments, there's many comments I don't want to be associated with in any shape or form ...
It appears that many of the comments would be better posted on say the BF Facebook page..
If your serious about starting an all inclusive party your going to have to get rid of some off your more radical followers..
It's quite worrying that it seems that many Vets have forgotten the oath they took.. Which was to defend EVERY British citizens right to freedom of speech, not just those they agreed with!

It's also worth contemplating why most successful countries are not run by their militaries.

It all starts off with the best intentions and ends up with Jimmy's secret army (if you're lucky) or Colonel Gaddafi (if your're not).
Plus there's the fact that affiliating soldiers with stuff does tend to bring out a particularly unpleasant base element (almost all of whom have never got anywhere a warzone outside Call of Duty) of society.

By Big Arnold
Membership Days Posts
youngian wrote:They've got themselves an uncritical story on the Force's network news site. This is a Freikorps outfit.
"Imagine you are Michael Adebolajo who killed fusilier Lee Rigby. The man consciously decided what he was going to do so it's justifiable that he would lose his life too. http://www.forces.net/news/new-veterans ... bers-month" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
That was his plan.
Or one of the Birmingham Six. Or Barry George. Or Sally Clarke. Or Angela Cannings.

By cycloon
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Arnold wrote:
youngian wrote:They've got themselves an uncritical story on the Force's network news site. This is a Freikorps outfit.
That was his plan.
Or one of the Birmingham Six. Or Barry George. Or Sally Clarke. Or Angela Cannings.
I'm not sure radicalised psychos are the best examples to put forwards regarding 'those likely to be deterred by death'.

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
cycloon wrote:It will try to contest seats in elections, so no, neither Freikorps nor Stahlhelm.
Agreed, I don't see any evidence of "street action" squads on their agenda.

I'll reiterate their problems.
* Listening to everybody: Just take a look at their proto policy document on-line, a checklist of contadictory one line slogans. Where does this go without underlying guiding principles.
* The "nutter magnet" effect of new parties, especially with this party's headline grabbing characteristics.

Most of the issues apply to any new party.
UKIP got where they did through massive media exposure / sponsorship.
Even they failed to gain traction in parliament because of FPTP.

We could go on and discuss the impact of FPTP and its role in fossilising Westminister's political profile.
UKIP also had a lot of work done for them by Robert Kilroy-Silk joining them, with his assorted media attention.

By davidjay
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
UKIP were the classic 'populist party without the baggage of streetfighting and fascism' that had been imminent for decades. Although they were/are a pretty nasty bunch they managed to keep the shaved heads and stiff right arms largely out of sight. This lot seem different; they lack the political nouse to say no to anyone and everyone who wants to be a part of them.
The LibDems, generally

Local parties don't always like that sort of thi[…]

Labour MPs I'd like to hit with a haddock

They're going hard after Swinson, which is under[…]

Boris Johnson

Well, I suppose to be fair, may as well give him a[…]

Labour, Generally.

It's understandable as a state of mind. I got pret[…]