By youngian
Membership Days Posts
Biggus Robbus wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:45 pm
cycloon wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:10 pm
What do they stand for, then?
Here's a guess.

"The Brexit Party will stand for "real" people, because people who voted remain are not "real" people, who will go up against the elite/political class/establishment/left wing media/lefty liberals to deliver a "real" Brexit.

The Brexit Party will be the only party that can speak for the "real" people. "

They live in the same place as Sarah Palin's 'Real America'. Which prompted Jon Stewart; "Welcome to the Daily Show broadcast from Fake America by Jews."
Kreuzberger, Boiler, Timbo liked this

By Biggus Robbus
youngian wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:47 pm
They live in the same place as Sarah Palin's 'Real America'. Which prompted Jon Stewart; "Welcome to the Daily Show broadcast from Fake America by Jews."
I am showing off after reading my book on populism in that populists are anti-pluralist. Only they can speak for the people, just as Trump delegitimises Democrats by saying they could not legitimately win the next election.

Same as Orban. Same as Erdogan ("We are are the people, Who are you?"). Same as the left wing populism that swept through Latin America, especially with Chavez. This explains why something as crazy as Brexit ("We gave you what you voted for don't blame us").

I am not sure why Trump wants a wall when he is bringing, albeit a right wing version of, the politics of Maduro and Chavez into the United States.

The book quoted this speech.

By Big Arnold
Membership Days Posts
Some poor sod will have deal with the bounced emails. With any luck, they'll sign you up without checking it's a valid email address.

arnoldwanker@brexitmeansbrexit.com (Not my real name or a real domain).

By Daley Mayle
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Oh dear. Only six days in from the launch of The Brexit Party poor old Farage is distancing himself from Catherine Blaiklock.

The media have been digging into her past and she really has a problem with people of more dusky hue despite the father of her kids having Asian heritage.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/alexwickham/bl ... exit-islam

Our Cath has had a busy time deleting twitter accounts but, gosh-a-lummy, this stuff is cached and can still be accessed.

Approached by BuzzFeed News, Farage declined to comment on whether he will continue to support the Brexit party in light of its founder's views.

Responding to this story, a spokesperson for the Muslim Council of Britain said:

"Nigel Farage's claim that he left UKIP due to its descent into Islamophobia and its alignment with elements of the far-right, appears untenable given the new revelations.

"Without any immediate action by Mr Farage, many will understandably conclude that given his own personal history, Islamophobia was being used as a convenient political football in his fight against Mr Batten rather than a matter of principle against racism.

Mr Farage must act immediately to disassociate from Ms Blaiklock and The Brexit Party under her leadership."

By Daley Mayle
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Who's Catherine Blaiklock. She's an ex-UKIP candidate from the Great Yarmouth area.

Apparently she has cut and pasted the privacy policy from a Lowestoft kids soft play area. What is it with Brexiteers and C&P-ing terms for their websites? At least The Brexit Party isn't offering takeaway pizzas and non-existent ro/ro ferries.

The registered address for the shiny new party is said to be Catherine's B&B in the same area

It gets glowing reviews

By Big Arnold
Membership Days Posts
Nigel Farage’s Brexit Party forced to leave HQ after ‘MALICIOUS BULLYING' on TripAdvisor

The £43-a-night budget B&B called Annapurna is made up of a set of converted barns near Norwich. The establishment is owned by Catherine Blaiklock, who is the party’s leader and treasurer. However, she now plans to move the headquarters out of the family-run business after a flood of reviews on TripAdvisor being used to make jokes about the new party, according to a Brexit Party spokesman.
https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/10891 ... -Annapurna

:lol: :lol: :lol: : :lol:
Fill yer boots!

By Big Arnold
Membership Days Posts
Message from TripAdvisor: Due to a recent event that has attracted media attention and has caused an influx of review submissions that do not describe a first-hand experience, we have temporarily suspended publishing new reviews for this listing. If you’ve had a firsthand experience at this property, please check back soon - we’re looking forward to receiving your review!
Damn! Arnold Wanquer was about to post a review.

By Big Arnold
Membership Days Posts
Leader of Nigel Farage's party resigns over anti-Islam messages

Catherine Blaiklock sent racist posts and retweeted those of far-right figures before joining Brexit party
She said: “The out-of-character comments that I made on social media some time ago were unacceptable in tone and content. After speaking to Nigel Farage, I realise that my comments fall well short of what is expected in any walk of life.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/ ... m-messages
Daily Express headline today

I don't get the Express's angle on this. I would h[…]

Brexit Fuckwit Thread

My experience of (older) Cisco stuff is... not g[…]

Labour, Generally.

Johnson brought this in. As part of his lifelong a[…]

Why does releasing equity involve having a cup of […]