Discussion of other UK political parties
:sunglasses: 30.8 % :thumbsup: 7.7 % 😯 7.7 % :grinning: 38.5 % 🧥 7.7 % :cry: 7.7 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
Farage is a skilled tactician but its politicians opposing him that have fallen short in closing down his blather. He has a gift of the gab for making the world simple for simple people. Not unlike Tony Benn but there were plenty of big beasts around who knew how to needle him.

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
cycloon wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:18 am
He's had a huge amount of influence, though. He is very successful, if not in entirely traditional terms.

Still a giant twat, obviously.
Emma Barnett on R5 live this morning, musing on Change UK's launch.
Nobody form ChUK invited tto the studio, just a couple of regular commentators.

"Change UK haven't made te sort f splash that a new party needs, like the Brexit party".

And there's me thinking.
Could be something to do with not gifting ChUK 3 solid days of airtime, treating their every utterance like words from the Messiah and leading the hourly news with their most trivial activities.

By MisterMuncher
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
I think Arrer has the right of it, as ever.

Judeo-Christian just means "not Muslim". They'll even try to include Western secularism as being culturally Christian or Christian inspired.

Honestly, the "Judeo" bit is pretty much a fig leaf, extending as far as rabid endorsement of whatever armaments Israel is disproportionately employing this week, but in terms of actual Jews, well, Israel would be even better if they'd all just fuck off to it. thanks
davidjay, youngian liked this

By cycloon
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Nigel Facile.

(sorry)

The 'left allying with radical Islam' is a fairly common observation by some, but I am puzzled as to what it actually means beyond pointing out some anti-imperalists like attacking the US and stay quiet about Isis, or blame Isis on the US. Whatever you think of that, it's hardly an 'alliance', nor is it widespread, and nor does it have any bearing on day to day political life.* But I suppose saying 'Hey, Muslims are people' is an affront to Farage, and qualifies as leftist subersion in bed with Islamist fascism. I suppose it's a contortion of 'PC gone mad pandering [read: treating as people] to the Muzzies' + 'radical lefties hate everything gu-huh'.

*Common this. E.g. Universities are all Marxist training camps bleeding subversion into our lives. Meanwhile, we're run by Tories and capitalism is dominant in absolutely all senses.

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
MisterMuncher wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:58 am
I think Arrer has the right of it, as ever.

Judeo-Christian just means "not Muslim". They'll even try to include Western secularism as being culturally Christian or Christian inspired.

Honestly, the "Judeo" bit is pretty much a fig leaf, extending as far as rabid endorsement of whatever armaments Israel is disproportionately employing this week, but in terms of actual Jews, well, Israel would be even better if they'd all just fuck off to it. thanks
So there I was Judaeo Christian this and Judaeo Christian that.
But I had to draw the line when Dave Cohen - bloke who owns the carpet store - applied to join my golf club.
Endangering Democracy

Talking of intimidation and abuse... https://twit[…]

Labour, Generally.

I’d love a confirmatory vote that was an off[…]

Jeremy Hunt

Preferring Katie Hopkins to an elected official. […]

The Tories, Generally

https://twitter.com/john3ners/status/1140621530046[…]