Discussion of other UK political parties
:sunglasses: 37.2 % ❤ 11.6 % :thumbsup: 9.3 % 😯 2.3 % :grinning: 32.6 % 🧥 2.3 % :cry: 4.7 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By The Red Arrow
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Now, you enlightened groovers might just be wondering why Nigel's Ponzi Pension Pot Party Ltd are uncharacteristically slow out out of the starting blocks...

Edit: See also
Will he be refunding all the money he has taken from the candidates, assuming there is any left after the EU have finished with him?

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
If Farage is standing down its because he has little leverage with the Tories as Johnson has eaten into his voting base leaving Nigel with racist dregs and dustbin voters who can’t be guaranteed to switch to the Tories anyway. And being a Farage approved candidate will not do Tories in marginals any favours.

By spoonman
Membership Days Posts
If I've read this right, the bombastic self-appointed leader of Brexit Party Ltd. is very likely not going to fight for a seat in the 12/12 election?

Chicken Farage, anyone?

By MisterMuncher
It's reasonably likely that BXP's proportion of the vote will not convert to a proportion of MPs. Fargle is taking a national position to be able to claim this proportion as a victory, whilst bitching that it proves the establishment are keeping him down. Expect a few salvos about the Greens, SNP, PC, SDLP etc winning more seats with less votes, too.

His voters will follow him into hell, wallets open, because he validates their notions that they're the victims, the world is against them, and what they might have thought were their own flaws was the man keeping them down. He's not going to rock that boat, or own any failure.

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
youngian wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 1:08 pm
Farage is cracking the whip and threatening to scupper Johnson by standing candidates if he doesn't play ball. Johnson would do best to ignore him. Those who vote for a wanker like Farage have no problem voting for an even bigger wanker.
Johnson has everything to lose by making a pact (at least that's how it seems to me).

Farage also faces his last big guaranteed payday, and it'll be hard to hustle for donations if you're only standing candidates in a minority of seats.

This is why coalitions are a post-election thing.
By mattomac
I really don't get the strategy:

We are going run in Labour seats but not Tory seats.....

Fine if the Tories had a majority but they don't and it only really works if the Tories don't run and if they don't will there vote go to the Brexit Party, that's not guaranteed. And will they be running in LD seats as well and will it even matter.

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
I really don't get the strategy:

We are going run in Labour seats but not Tory seats.....

They're target marginals for the Tories which include many Labour Leavers who would rather not vote Tory to 'get Brexit done.' Tory marginals are mainly up against the Lib Dems so Farage thinks he's helping by standing down and endorsing the Tory candidate. I'm not so sure.
The new leader of the Labour Party

I'm seeing the lesser lights of Momentum Tweeting […]

Jeremy "Fucking off" Corbyn.

I suspect that for many voters he will be seen a[…]

The Trump Presidency

It's well known that dictators hate dealing with p[…]

Roll Call

I should have been boarding a plane to New York […]