Discussion of other UK political parties
:sunglasses: 49.1 % ❤ 3.5 % :thumbsup: 7 % :grinning: 29.8 % 🧥 5.3 % 🙏 1.8 % 😟 1.8 % :shit: 1.8 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Abernathy
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
I think he's quite well off, but not "fantastically wealthy".

Not that that is in any way relevant. I do find his work for Kazakhstan and Azerbaijan questionable, but on the basis of a private enterprise offering consultancy on using its figurehead's demonstrable experience in leadership, governance, and international relations, it is entirely unsurprising.

Perhaps Jezferatu would never countenance such a thing, but then again he's never going to be in a position to offer a CV that includes a lengthy and successful period as Prime Minister of the UK, so the question doesn't really arise.

By Winegums
Membership Days Posts

face of the tingey group is homophobe and a gay conversion fan. They're literally turning into the lib dems (I am amused).

By Abernathy
Given that TIG is simply a loose alliance of former Labour and Tory MPs, The Cult (as represented here by our very own Whine Gums) seems to be expending a rather inordinate amount of time and energy on ridiculous attempts to discredit whatever TIGGER they can scratch up the most potential smearage on.

If you didn't know better, you might think they were a bit desperate. Not to say somewhat worried.

Jings.

By Biggus Robbus
Goes off topic for you perhaps.

As I said this would be Blairism with gloves off.

Blairism with "gloves on" was:

1) Tax cut as soon as he got into office.
2) Taking on the firemen in their strike. (I think this sadly may have been contrived to show that New Labour could be responsible on public spending but hey ho, there was no winter of discontent to excite the Mailites)

This behaviour outraged Mailites because they could no longer think that a conservative party was a the default party in power.

Sadly Blair's agile jumps to the right and back to the left again came off the rails when he joined in the fiasco that was the Iraq War. That said, conservatives fully backed the invasion and only went cold when it became apparent that Donald Rumsfeld was a fuckwit who did his best to create an insurgency.

However......

The Tories have destroyed themselves. Even with the 52% that won the Brexit referendum there is no party that could rise from the ashes of the Tories that could compete with a Blairite party.

That's the price Brexiters will pay for Brexit in my opinion. They should have been careful what they wished for.

Too boot the new Blairism would not have to atone for the sins of "old" Labour. The Tories have seen to that.
Timbo liked this

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
Clare Hepworth OBE takes metaphor a bit literally. She threaten to report me for wanting to poison her and Jeremy Corbyn for mentioning Jonestown in the context of Corbyn’s leadership cult. I’m happy to clear up that I don’t wish to poison anyone. Maybe Johnson, Davis or Fox to give them the shits for a month.

By Abernathy
youngian wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:34 am
Clare Hepworth OBE takes metaphor a bit literally. She threaten to report me for wanting to poison her and Jeremy Corbyn for mentioning Jonestown in the context of Corbyn’s leadership cult. I’m happy to clear up that I don’t wish to poison anyone. Maybe Johnson, Davis or Fox to give them the shits for a month.
Solidarity with Jess. She intends to stab Jeremy Corbyn to death, you know.

By Winegums
Membership Days Posts
bluebellnutter wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:51 am
Winegums wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:11 pm
face of the tingey group
Why are you using racist slurs?
It's clearly not though, is it. It's a reference to the fact that their party was born of "we hate racism", and then 17% of their MPs went on TV and did some racisms about 2 hours later.
The problem with using Tinges as an insult is that after it happened there was profuse apology with no caveats and from the context it was clearly blundered speech, whereas in the party they left the other day the leader tried to let his mate off the hook when he got filmed getting a round of applause from people in the leader’s support group for saying they’d said sorry for being bigots too often.

Glass houses, stones etc.
Labour, Generally.

Wonder if McD will get the same treatment as Thorn[…]

Euro Elections 2019

... i.e. a sharp kick to the nethers for Labo[…]

Theresa May

That's all those wanting to be the next PM can see[…]

Claire Fox

She's top of the list, sadly. Nigel Farage an[…]