•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Tubby Isaacs
Membership Days Posts
Wasn't the funny tinge picking up a light remark about somebody being "pink" earlier? Still bad obviously.

This lot aren't exactly pulling up any trees at the moment. Still waiting for more defections? They need to be doing a bit more than that. As I always say, lift some policies off the shelf that sound interesting, or launch some commissions. I haven't got all that much faith in them, literally anybody can do that.

By Winegums
Membership Days Posts
crabcakes_windermere wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:02 am
The problem with using Tinges as an insult is that after it happened there was profuse apology with no caveats and from the context it was clearly blundered speech, whereas in the party they left the other day the leader tried to let his mate off the hook when he got filmed getting a round of applause from people in the leader’s support group for saying they’d said sorry for being bigots too often.

Glass houses, stones etc.
There were caveats in the interviews following though. She said she'd done "six hours of media" at, er, 12 midday. Having announced the party at 10am. No follow up to clarify.

She never explained what her point was meant to be either, and nobody asked her. Despite a giant fuckup that would've sank a Labour politician, she got away with it because the media's in the middle of giving this not-party a disproportionate PR boost. Because our media is shite.

By Abernathy
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
It was clearly a groping-for-the-right word stumble rather than a full blooded Nick Griffin, which nevertheless sounded bad. Ash Sarkar of Novara Media (quelle surpise) jumped on it immediately, and the rest of The Cult piled on, in what must be said was some rather unseemly and desperate haste. You do wonder whether they'd have clutched their pearls quite so fiercely had Angela Smith still been a Labour MP.

I think it's instructive to compare and contrast the way Angela Smith immediately fronted up and apologised for what she had said with the way Corbyn unconvincingly claimed that he didn't call May a "stupid woman" and said "stupid people" - when he'd have been much better off just apologising and moving on.
lord_kobel liked this

By Winegums
Membership Days Posts
Genuinely can't decide if that's sarcasm or not.

Abernathy I don't know why you think ash should just sit quietly and be told she has a funny tinge. That's pretty fucking racist.

By The Weeping Angel
Membership Days Posts
Daley Mayle wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 3:05 pm
I see Tim Fenton has taken against the TIGs, which is a bit odd considering Zelo Street has 'This is a blog of liberal stance and independent mind' at the top.
He wrote that before he drank the kool-aid.

By Biggus Robbus
Winegums wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 2:54 pm
Abernathy I don't know why you think ash should just sit quietly and be told she has a funny tinge. That's pretty fucking racist.
I have just seen the video. Northern white woman has trouble expressing herself for a second.

I cannot believe she is getting shit for that. She clearly was trying to correct herself when she said "funny tinge" yet you won't give her a break.

As it is Corbyn is pandering to people "up north" who would do exactly the same in the same situation, or possibly worse.

Beyond pathetic.

By Abernathy
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Biggus Robbus wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:46 pm
Winegums wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 2:54 pm
I have just seen the video. Northern white woman has trouble expressing herself for a second.

I cannot believe she is getting shit for that. She clearly was trying to correct herself when she said "funny tinge" yet you won't give her a break.

As it is Corbyn is pandering to people "up north" who would do exactly the same in the same situation, or possibly worse.

Beyond pathetic.
Indeed. She wasn't telling Sarkar that she was of a funny tinge, either. Sarker pounced on it because, well, Corbyn. Desperate stuff.
oboogie liked this
Winegums - genuine question. Why are you so rattled by TIG?

Only you’ve posted in here on average about twice a day in the 2 weeks or so since they formed. UKIP? Nothing this year. Lib Dems? Nothing this year. SNP? Nothing this year. The govt. and Tory threads? In all the threads that have had posts this year, nothing from you - and you’ve complained many times that people here focus on Labour at the expense of attacking the Tories. Yet your focus is on an apparently pathetic group that are the 4th biggest in parliament.
Abernathy, Cyclist, oboogie and 1 others liked this

By Biggus Robbus
Abernathy wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:16 pm
Indeed. She wasn't telling Sarkar that she was of a funny tinge, either. Sarker pounced on it because, well, Corbyn. Desperate stuff.

Yup. She was not used to media attention. She had a poor way of expressing herself. Rather than saying black minorities and other non white minorities she clearly made a mistake when referring to the latter.

Racist? Nah....

Someone from Yorkshire? Yes!
The Mail vs Science!

Research conducted aboard the ISS often requires[…]

The Independent Group

Ok m8. Good chat.

Daniel Hannan

British MEP 'trending' over Irish history claims[…]

Moving those posts was more effort than it was pro[…]