Discussion of other UK political parties
:sunglasses: 49.1 % ❤ 3.5 % :thumbsup: 7 % :grinning: 29.8 % 🧥 5.3 % 🙏 1.8 % 😟 1.8 % :shit: 1.8 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Son Of Hand
Membership Days
oboogie wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:30 pm
A mayonnaise jar is less obvious.
Damn it all, you've only gone and reminded me of Bob Carolgees.

Gah

By Biggus Robbus
Winegums wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:21 pm
Loving all the apologism for a fucking blatant racist though lmaó.
Well you got me there Winegums. Clearly she was not trying get across "black people and other non white ethnic groups", when she said "funny tinge" what she really meant was.
All the human culture, all the results of art, science, and technology that we see before us today, are almost exclusively the creative product of the Aryan. This very fact admits of the not unfounded inference that he alone was the founder of all higher humanity, therefore representing the prototype of all that we understand by the word "man." He is the Prometheus of mankind from whose bright forehead the divine spark of genius has sprung at all times.... Exclude him- -and perhaps after a few thousand years darkness will again descend on the earth, human culture will pass, and the world turn to a desert. Human culture and civilization on this continent are inseparably bound up with the presence of the Aryan. If he dies out or declines, the dark veils of an age without culture will again descend on this globe.
Because we all know that a centrist party, with Chuka Umunna as its spokesman, is the perfect place politically for racism in the 21st century.

If only Hitler started fudging his principles, by becoming a bit more centrist, we would really see him for the racist he was.
Last edited by Biggus Robbus on Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
Thick of It's Stewart Pearson has been working on this
Britain must reinvent this circle of influence by combining our hard power with a role as a democratic leader, a social connector, and an ideas maker

Umunna is no David Owen in the public consciousness or even David Steel. Or Vince Cable. Not being May or Corbyn is his main asset.
oboogie, Arrowhead liked this

By Tubby Isaacs
Membership Days Posts
Sounds like they cobbled together some interesting sounding tax policies today. You don't have to be a policy genius to find this sort of stuff online. I saw Heidi Allen was saying something about benefits. Make some assumptions about this tax reform bringing in £x, commit to spending that £x on benefits, and you're away.

I still don't think they're going anywhere, but a big defector (Greening was apparently very close before) and they could cut through for a while, Then I suppose they'd get defensive and dump any interesting policies they had. But hey ho.

By Malcolm Armsteen
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
It's an odd constituency, like much of London, council estates and multi-million pound houses cheek by jowl. I canvassed there for Peter Hain many years ago (1987), and of course I worked there. It's changed a great deal since Hain's time, and I'm fairly certain that Greening got elected partly because of her softer persona than most Tories.
By visage
Membership Days Posts
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:52 pm
Sounds like they cobbled together some interesting sounding tax policies today. You don't have to be a policy genius to find this sort of stuff online. I saw Heidi Allen was saying something about benefits. Make some assumptions about this tax reform bringing in £x, commit to spending that £x on benefits, and you're away.

I still don't think they're going anywhere, but a big defector (Greening was apparently very close before) and they could cut through for a while, Then I suppose they'd get defensive and dump any interesting policies they had. But hey ho.
Sure, but right now cobbling together decent sounding policies that will leave the country better off sounds heavenly.
Timbo liked this

By Tubby Isaacs
Membership Days Posts
Yep, but unless they junk austerity properly, it'll count for nothing. Lots of the public have fallen for Osborne nonsense, but equally, I've never met anybody who, when faced by a new road opening, says "They borrowed the money for that! Disgraceful!"
Timbo liked this

By Tubby Isaacs
Membership Days Posts
More policy, or thoughts of Chuka to a think tank.

https://metro.co.uk/2019/03/08/national ... a-8863687/

The approach to university funding sounds right. But "national service"? Macron's compulsory national service amounts, if I've understood it properly, to 1 month. Once you start thinking about what it costs and what else you could do with the money, I imagine you're not exactly left with a life changing experience.
Euro Elections 2019

... unfortunately I'm unable to post on my Facebo[…]

Labour, Generally.

It’s OK everyone, apparently it’s Tom […]

Theresa May

That's all those wanting to be the next PM can see[…]

Claire Fox

She's top of the list, sadly. Nigel Farage an[…]