Discussion of other UK political parties
:sunglasses: 48.5 % ❤ 3 % :thumbsup: 7.6 % :grinning: 28.8 % 🧥 4.5 % 🙏 1.5 % 😟 3 % :shit: 3 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Clearly. They're storming ahead in polls, constantly controlling the media narrative, winning hearts and minds with double-figure stream views on social media, inundated with attendances at public events...

Why are you holding a candle for them, exactly?
We're not. I don't think any of us think their breakaway will make the slightest difference.

Why are you so obsessed with them? Because they quit on Gwandpa and the gang?
Because their failure is immensely funny.

Why are you posting if you don't care (I am amused). like go outside :lol:
But why do you find it so funny? Why do you need to gloat? What inner insecurity are you assuaging by pointing out their mistakes? What are you hiding from yourself?

You're not having second thoughts about Magic Grandpa and the Allotment Gang are you?
I love the armchair psychology routine :lol:

It's funny because they are an incompetent charisma vacuum. It's funny that their pride preceded a fall. It's funny that they style themselves as professional modern centrists but constantly make fundamental errors, because they're not actually good at what they do, they're just the managerial class stripped of all the assets that keep them functional.

Because they're too incompetent to organise a candidate in time or because they knew they'd lose? Hard to decide really
Oh dear.
Attempt to form pro-remain Peterborough byelection alliance fails

The Change UK MP Gavin Shuker said: “We all agreed to stand down any candidates we might field in favour of a genuinely independent, pro-‘people’s vote’ and pro-remain candidate who had expressed an interest and intention to stand.

“However, senior Labour figures, including senior figures campaigning for a people’s vote, made it clear they would strenuously disrupt the campaign and obstruct an independent candidate, driven by fears that it would harm their party in Peterborough.”

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/201 ... -change-uk
By 'strenuously disrupt the campaign' I assume he means, 'campaign on behalf of their own candidate', a heinous, nay unpardonable thing to be doing.

The fact that the other parties in the proposed alliance have managed to organise their own candidates, while Change UK haven't, doesn't make them look particularly formidable either.
It looks very much like these guys are already dead in the water. If they can't even manage to compete in the Peterborough by-election next month, then it's difficult to see what purpose they actually serve. They've already pissed off too many Remainers by initially focusing their ammunition not on Farage, the Tories, UKIP, or even Labour, but the Lib Dem's instead.

Just watch these clowns put up somebody against the LD's in the Brecon and Radnorshire by-election if, as expected, one should take place a few weeks or months from now.

Eventually, I can see Change UK morphing into a stopping-off point for disillusioned One Nation Tories à la Wollaston, Greening, and Grieve. I just cannot see how any of the existing ex-Labour faces are going to keep their seats at the next GE, Umana included.
Winegums wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 3:34 pm
I love the armchair psychology routine :lol:

It's funny because they are an incompetent charisma vacuum. It's funny that their pride preceded a fall. It's funny that they style themselves as professional modern centrists but constantly make fundamental errors, because they're not actually good at what they do, they're just the managerial class stripped of all the assets that keep them functional.
Many parties have the faults you mentioned, yet you seem fixated on The Independent Group for Change. It seems like a betrayal narrative more than anything.
Arrowhead wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 9:19 am
It looks very much like these guys are already dead in the water. If they can't even manage to compete in the Peterborough by-election next month, then it's difficult to see what purpose they actually serve. They've already pissed off too many Remainers by initially focusing their ammunition not on Farage, the Tories, UKIP, or even Labour, but the Lib Dem's instead.

Just watch these clowns put up somebody against the LD's in the Brecon and Radnorshire by-election if, as expected, one should take place a few weeks or months from now.

Eventually, I can see Change UK morphing into a stopping-off point for disillusioned One Nation Tories à la Wollaston, Greening, and Grieve. I just cannot see how any of the existing ex-Labour faces are going to keep their seats at the next GE, Umana included.
Gapes and Coffey are retiring age. The others may not care all that much about being MPs. Allen and Wollaston have the best chance of holding on, but they'll need a deal with Lib Dems.
Arrowhead liked this
Brexit Fuckwit Thread

Sure about that?

The Tories are living in this MInford fantasy worl[…]

The Tories, Generally

Cleverley. He'll get off on a technicality, no do[…]

Labour, Generally.

Fairly predictable, really. Trumplet is successful[…]