Discussion of other UK political parties
:sunglasses: 49.1 % ❤ 3.5 % :thumbsup: 7 % :grinning: 29.8 % 🧥 5.3 % 🙏 1.8 % 😟 1.8 % :shit: 1.8 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Arrowhead wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 9:19 am
It looks very much like these guys are already dead in the water. If they can't even manage to compete in the Peterborough by-election next month, then it's difficult to see what purpose they actually serve.
To use a phrase of a mate of mine: "They're deader than disco."
visage wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 9:43 am
Winegums wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 3:34 pm
I love the armchair psychology routine :lol:

It's funny because they are an incompetent charisma vacuum. It's funny that their pride preceded a fall. It's funny that they style themselves as professional modern centrists but constantly make fundamental errors, because they're not actually good at what they do, they're just the managerial class stripped of all the assets that keep them functional.
Many parties have the faults you mentioned, yet you seem fixated on Change UK (formerly The Independent Group). It seems like a betrayal narrative more than anything.
Genuinely, who? You can draw parallels with the Brexit party and it's night and day in terms of efficacy and competence.
A friend of mine made an interesting point on FB the other day about how both Change UK and the Brexit Party are new, but the Brexit Party have a huge and slick media operation.

The question shouldn't be 'why are Change UK making mistakes'. Sure, it would be better if they didn't, but the real question should be why aren't both equally new parties making similar mistakes - especially given Brexit is largely old duffers who you'd not expect to be social media savvy at the best of times. Or, where the Brexit Party are getting their vast funds from and who is doing their PR work (and who is paying for it), when they can't even be bothered to create a manifesto.
Have Change UK (formerly The Independent Group) revealed their funding yet? Glass houses
Interesting the response above was not along the lines of "that's a point, why are the Brexit party like that, I hadn't thought of that..." to something which sounds more like a veiled defence of the Brexit party.

Curious. Very curious.
lord_kobel, oboogie liked this
crabcakes_windermere wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 2:25 pm
The question shouldn't be 'why are Change UK making mistakes'.
No, the question should absolutely 100% be 'why are Change UK making mistakes?'. Especially in the Change UK thread.

Change UK had a golden opportunity to forge a robust Remain alliance, and thereby take the credit for overseeing a potentially game-changing shift in UK politics. It's literally what their party is called. Instead, they've fluffed their lines, pissed off their allies and blamed everybody else for their mistakes.
bluebellnutter wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 3:02 pm
Interesting the response above was not along the lines of "that's a point, why are the Brexit party like that, I hadn't thought of that..." to something which sounds more like a veiled defence of the Brexit party.

Curious. Very curious.
Clearly the Brexit party are cheating by not changing their name over and over, and not having nebulous aims (no manifesto is a problem definitely, but their core vote is brexiters. Can you say the same of Change UK (formerly The Independent Group)?). :roll:

Plenty of issues with brexit party (lol they're fucking racists ran by a fascist), but the squealing that they're cheating smacks of the same mindset that says the referendum was only lost because of dark russian money.
Arrowhead wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 3:11 pm
No, the question should absolutely 100% be 'why are Change UK making mistakes?'. Especially in the Change UK thread.
Well I was more meaning in the wider media, but sure - the mistakes are disappointing.
The episode broke pre-election rules on 'equal representation' apparently: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-48235812

Although quite why no-one consulted OFCOM before booking Ms. Allen and recording the show is beyond me.
crabcakes_windermere wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 9:03 am
Yeah, this does smack a bit of ‘ooh, balance! while Farage happily warms his usual QT seat.
And was Farage alone and uncontested on that panel?
The LibDems, generally

Decency is actually the fundamental duty of the po[…]

Andrea Leadsom

Bit of a gobful for t-shirt but worth a shot.

https://i.imgur.com/Dee2Rbu.jpg Small but signi[…]

Sarah Vine aka Mrs Gove

Bee in their alt-right bonnet about Instagram: Day[…]