Discussion of other UK political parties
:sunglasses: 45.9 % ❤ 3.3 % :thumbsup: 8.2 % :grinning: 31.1 % 🧥 4.9 % 🙏 1.6 % 😟 3.3 % :shit: 1.6 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
bluebellnutter wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 11:30 am
Safe_Timber_Man wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 10:56 am
Winegums wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 8:53 pm
clock

Wow. Really?
Winegums regularly uses alt-right language. Especially on this thread.
I hadn't noticed that. I have come across online people who often claim to be left-wing but use the language of the right.
oboogie liked this
It is, I would venture to suggest, a play on words; Change UK really are bloody hopeless if they couldn't see that one coming. I doubt any of them will have a political career left by the time they get to a GE.
mattomac wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 10:19 pm
You seemed obsessed with this party Winegums...
It was Sam Kriss formerly of VICE who coined the phrase better an honest fascist than a thousand dishonest Centrists. So that explains WIno's thinking.
mattomac liked this
It’s because they dared speak out against Jeremy. Granted they’ve fluffed their launch and lost their momentum (no pun intended) and will have to do much better to retain any MPs. But they could have had the most successful party launch in history and they’d still be under attack from the faithful.

Ironically, people like Winegums really should have been hoping they do better. Now though, most of the votes Change UK would have taken from Labour are going to the Lib Dems (with some to the Greens), and the LDs are now within a few % of Labour (because those votes sure as hell aren’t staying with a Brexit party).

A smaller increase spread across more parties would have been easier to ignore. Now though, the LDs have got a big push, more exposure and big growth figures, and there’s a clear move to Remain parties from Brexit parties and parties so useless it’s impossible to tell what they stand for.
Do you genuinely think that The Independent Group for Change.TheIndependantGroup/SecondRefNow only fell to pieces because of a (non-existent) resurgance in lib dem voters? And that this is all the fault of Jeremy Corbyn? That is a nuclear take which ignores literally everything that happened.

Protip to start you off - Corbyn didn't defeat The Independent Group for Change. They defeated themselves by being monumentally shite at every turn.
People talk about The Independent Group for Change because they're funny and awful at politics. We talk about the Tories too when they fuck up, but it's double funny to see the darling party of the media, the distilled managerial class of politics, fuck up so abjectly. That's it really, there's no hidden meaning or secret love of the Tories played out as poking fun at The Independent Group for Change.

The Independent Group for Change are just bad (I am amused, but decided not to use an emoticon to convey it).
Winegums wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 4:28 pm
a (non-existent) resurgance in lib dem voters
You spout some shite on here but this is factually wrong on so many levels.
oboogie liked this
Winegums is just wrong on so many levels generally.

I actually thought you might come back and say the Tories which you can make that point, but gone with something that makes zero sense.

Don’t worry though, don’t bother replying, I’ve blocked you.
oboogie liked this
nah mate don't. I'd hate to miss out on hot takes like "The Independent Group for Change's failure is because Corbyn let the lib dems get popular" :lol: :lol:
Jeremy Hunt

Preferring Katie Hopkins to an elected official. […]

Labour, Generally.

I'd love a confirmatory vote if it were offered. H[…]

The Tories, Generally

https://twitter.com/john3ners/status/1140621530046[…]

That Time Of Year Again.... (Two)

Whilst no doubt completely ignoring the coked-[…]