Discussion of other UK political parties
:sunglasses: 48.5 % ❤ 3 % :thumbsup: 7.6 % :grinning: 28.8 % 🧥 4.5 % 🙏 1.5 % 😟 3 % :shit: 3 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Abernathy wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:15 pm
Shame, really. Had Chuk been bigger, better, more coherent, and more organised I might well have joined them, given that Jeremy continues to steer the Labour Party towards the abyss.

Farage did it simpler by just setting up a limited company with no manifesto and just the one policy.
I find this genuinely interesting. What, exactly, do you think you'd be joining? They had two policies by the end - remain in the EU and bring back national service. Three if you include a surcharge on self-service tills.

So The CUKs have left CUK to form an independent group. Including the CUK creator himself.

No, I don't understand it either
They deserve credit for actually being prepared to stand up for what they believe in when things weren't going their way, and did more to break the Brexit mould than anyone else. Plus they at least showed there is some opposition to Brexit, even if not from the official opposition.
lord_kobel liked this
Say what you will about neonationalists, they stand for something they believe in.
Winegums, I'm sure you've been asked this many times but frankly I wouldn't have been paying attention to your answer. If Corbyn did have a change of heart and decided the best thing for this country would indeed be to Remain I'm assuming you would oppose that? I never quite realised what a staunch "soft" Brexiter you are until seeing just how vehemently you oppose a party who's main objective is to remain in the EU. The only other theory would be you're just going along with whatever Corbyn says but someone of your political nouse wouldn't be as shallow as that so is it fair to say you've actually been very keen for us to leave the EU (while staying in the CU) for quite some time? Before Corbyn even became Leader of the opposition, I imagine?
Winegums wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:12 am
Say what you will about neonationalists, they stand for something they believe in.
Presumably this false equivalency applies to Jezza's stubbornness as well?
Oblomov wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:18 am
Winegums wrote:
My point is saying someone's good for sticking to their guns, rather than caring about what their actual issue is, is pretty damning by faint praise. Thatcher stuck to her guns too.
Winegums, I'm sure you've been asked this many times but frankly I wouldn't have been paying attention to your answer. If Corbyn did have a change of heart and decided the best thing for this country would indeed be to Remain I'm assuming you would oppose that? I never quite realised what a staunch "soft" Brexiter you are until seeing just how vehemently you oppose a party who's main objective is to remain in the EU. The only other theory would be you're just going along with whatever Corbyn says but someone of your political nouse wouldn't be as shallow as that so is it fair to say you've actually been very keen for us to leave the EU (while staying in the CU) for quite some time? Before Corbyn even became Leader of the opposition, I imagine?
My position on cuk has been to consistently find them very funny and bad at politics. They were pro remain and the only impact they had on the referrendum was to split the remain vote and deny the lib dems a seat. They are incredibly bad at everything they do, but produce endless entertainment.
Downvotes ahoy, but I reckon Wino is correct in this instance: Change UK were absolutely lamentable, and somehow actually succeeded in harming the Remain cause rather than helping it. They won't be missed one iota.

Allen, Wollaston and Umanna are good fits for the Lib Dems and may well keep their seats at the next GE, which is probably no bad thing in the current climate. Rather them than a No Deal headbanger or Lexiter tool.
Arrowhead wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:49 pm
Downvotes ahoy, but I reckon Wino is correct in this instance: Change UK were absolutely lamentable, and somehow actually succeeded in harming the Remain cause rather than helping it. They won't be missed one iota.
I don't think they are actually quite dead yet. Chris Leslie makes it clear that he at least is in it for the long game (c. J. Corbyn, Cults, Incorporated). Admittedly it's currently difficult to see what their route back is.
I suspect they’re a busted flush now. However, though they may have ended up being squashed by it they set the ball rolling. Arguably it might all have happened anyway and probably would have, but they were first out of the blocks to show the leaderships of the 2 main parties that they can’t just endlessly fuck about either lying or indulging their leader’s pet project.

And now we have Tories and Labour sometimes not even getting podium positions in polls and elections.

Are they done? Possibly, possibly not. It depends on whether Corbyn and May’s replacement continue with their quest for unicorns.
Winegums wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:08 pm
Oblomov wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:18 am
Winegums wrote:
My point is saying someone's good for sticking to their guns, rather than caring about what their actual issue is, is pretty damning by faint praise. Thatcher stuck to her guns too.

So why is it when Jezza does it we're to view him as a man of conviction and believe in his vision but a group like ChangeUK is to regarded with contempt and cynicism for they are obviously doing it for their own self interest?

Also, I notice that your criticisms of ChUK have been mainly skewed towards the Labour portion (and attempting to disprove their reasoning that they can no longer abide by growing antisemitism amongst the ranks) but you've said little on the Tories that joined who are rebelling against poor Brexit policy. Is there any particular reason for that?
Brexit Fuckwit Thread

https://twitter.com/john3ners/status/1186748275686[…]

Hammond has got reselected anyway. Same with Ann[…]

@Timbo gonnae pm me the creds?

Richard Littlejohn

:lol: