•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By spoonman
Membership Days Posts
KevS wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 3:52 pm
Well done, Donald. No, really, bravo. Who could have NOT possibly foreseen this happening?
Brexiteers?

(Taking liberties with quoting posts not withstanding...)

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
Regarding Donald and the Embassy, It's very much the Modus Operandi of the Alt-Right.

Stir a little shit here and there.
Make sure you're well clear when it all kicks off.
Act horrified.
Catkins, Zuriblue liked this

By Philip Marlow
Membership Days
The embassy move lets the cat well and truly out of the bag, uncorks the genie's bottle, etc. and etc. and etc. While I doubt a President Clinton would have done something so unproductively stupid (makes a big noise; gets a lot of attention; changes, in terms of material reality, pretty much fuck all in the grander scheme of things) I can't see a subsequent Democratic administration (assuming Trump doesn't declare himself God Emperor for life, with the office passing to one of his idiot progeny thereafter) being prepared to move it back and piss off the Israeli government in the process.

The two state solution is dead, and has been for years. A part of me thinks it would be kinder if people stopped kicking its corpse around.

By KevS
Membership Days Posts
I've seen the statement that the Israeli forces were having stones and Molotov cocktails being lobbed at them, and so therefore had to defend themselves, which is correct and understandable, but so did the police here in the riots of 2011, and I can't seem to recall live ammunition being used then.

By Samanfur
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
We'll sell them more arms.

I was watching the emergency debate in the Commons earlier. The idea of a review into arms sales to Israel (at the very least) was being pitched pretty hard, but the government wasn't having it.

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
cycloon wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 1:25 pm
The juxtaposition of the press conference, where people are praising Trump's 'moral clarity', and the news of 38+ dead and hundreds injured, is sickening.

Absolutely repellent situation.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/live/ ... ve-updates
Just another schoolday for Donald's adoring fanboys.
Gavin Williamson

Hennimore! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riopL3[…]

The Trump Presidency

So Trump cancelled the NK summit. However the Whit[…]

Toby Young

But in the end, Oxford is not necessarily the best[…]

Caption Contest

'He was a fine fellow your Pinochet, he knew how t[…]