•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By spoonman
Membership Days Posts
Without wanting to give them any credit in doing so, at least the Iranians fessed up pretty quickly to say "we fucked up here". If such an incident happened in say the UK or USA from military action etc. then you'd be waiting decades at least to ever find out that the government/authorities were responsible.

By Kreuzberger
Membership Days Posts
Safe_Timber_Man wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:42 am
With regards to the passenger yet; it would be so much easier and forgivable (wrong word perhaps?) if Iran just held their hands up and said "Yes, it was an absolutely awful mistake and we're genuinely terrible sorry. We were having missiles fired at us by US drones at the time and our anti-air defences were a bit trigger happy".

Probably no where near as simplistic as I'm making out but they surely aren't helping themselves by outright denying it if they were responsible.
It's good to see that wiser heads in Tehran have prevailed and that they have taken stock of the Mailwatch position before making matters any worse than they already are.

By MisterMuncher
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
spoonman wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:53 pm
Without wanting to give them any credit in doing so, at least the Iranians fessed up pretty quickly to say "we fucked up here". If such an incident happened in say the UK or USA from military action etc. then you'd be waiting decades at least to ever find out that the government/authorities were responsible.
Iran Air Flight 665.

By Safe_Timber_Man
Membership Days Posts
Iranian elite turns on the regime: Singer and film director back protesters while two state TV hosts quit after Tehran admits it lied over plane crash and DID shoot down jet
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... plane.html

Iranian elites bravely standing up to the regime.

NOT luvvies sticking their noses into politics.

By Watchman
Membership Days Posts
I have had the Middle East explained, my understanding is as follows;-

We support the Iraqi government in the fight against Islamic State. We don't like IS, but IS is supported by Saudi Arabia whom we do like
We don't like President Assad in Syria. We support the fight against him, but not IS, which is also fighting against him.
We don't like Iran, but Iran supports the Iraqi government against IS. So some of our friends support our enemies and some of our enemies are our friends, and some of our enemies are fighting against our other enemies, whom we want to lose, but we don't want our enemies who are fighting our enemies to win
If the people we want to defeat are defeated, they might be replaced by people we like even less. And all this was started by us invading a country to drive out terrorists who weren't actually there until we went in to drive them out.

I think I've got it

By bluebellnutter
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
It's almost like it's actually an incredibly difficult geopolitical zone and not something that can be easily split into "goodies" and "baddies", isn't it?
The Sun

I suppose GPS will replace Droitwich as a freque[…]

Twat of the Day

Even Farage would know about the high price Sikh[…]

Brexit Fuckwit Thread

Johnson has been demanding minister present spif[…]

I think this would indeed be fit and proper. Thoug[…]