Political talk from outside of the UK
:sunglasses: 22.2 % :thumbsup: 27.8 % 😯 5.6 % :grinning: 16.7 % 🧥 11.1 % :cry: 16.7 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By The Red Arrow
Membership Days Posts
James A. Fields Jr. sentenced to life in prison in Charlottesville car attack
life plus 419 years and $480,000 in fines.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/pu ... 2c2ba1932a
spoonman liked this

By Samanfur
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Miss USA confused and horrified that not everyone speaks 'Murican:
I wonder how many languages she can say more than a few words in herself.

By MisterMuncher
In a moment where I intended to admire the courage of a few of my sisters, I said something that I now realize can be perceived as not respectful,
That's a not-pology for the ages, that.

Pretty wordy for someone who's self-evidently as thick as shite in the neck of a bottle

By spoonman
Membership Days Posts
Wasn't sure wherever to put it here, in the Tr*mp presidency thread or the one for jokes but here goes. Who's going to be the one to tell Diane?

By The Weeping Angel
Membership Days Posts
More Republican election tampering

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics ... ud-hearing
The new Congress will be seated in a matter of days — but it is almost certain that the seat from the North Carolina Ninth Congressional District will be left empty, as more evidence of a brazen vote-tampering scheme piles up.

The bipartisan state elections board has refused to certify the results of Republican Mark Harris’s win and instead set a hearing on the election fraud scandal for January 11, a week after new members are sworn in.

Harris beat Democrat Dan McCready by roughly 900 votes on Election Day. But those results have been marred by explosive allegations that an operative working for the Harris campaign collected, tampered with or even destroyed absentee ballots. The alleged plot is now the subject of a state inquiry; the findings of the state investigation will be presented at the hearing next month.

Depending on the outcome, a new election could be called. The state board has broad discretion under state law to call a new election if the basic fairness of the November vote is in doubt.

By Samanfur
Rush Limbaugh demands that brown woman know her place:
Rush Limbaugh complains Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez is too "uppity"

Right-wing radio host Rush Limbaugh apparently believes that Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez is upsetting Democratic Party leadership with "uppity" behavior.

"It has become apparent to me that Pelosi and Schumer do not like Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez," according to a transcript from Media Matters for America. When saying her name, Limbaugh used an exaggerated Latino accent. "If you noticed, CNN, Chris Cillizza — our old buddy Chris, formerly at The Washington Post, now over at CNN — has just written a devastating piece about Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, saying she doesn't know what she's talking about, saying she's dead wrong about everything, she has no facts, she poses — there's no question that that piece is the product of Pelosi and Schumer working the media. Because I'm telling you, I predicted this, that the Democrat leadership is not hip to this young, bunch of millennials pouring in here and some of these other radicals. They're not hip to it, I mean they run that party and they run the American left, and they're not going to let some young uppity come in here and upset the apple cart."
AKA, old white man using the phrase "not hip to it" complains that a twenty-something is not reflecting the zeitgeist.

In a way, that Fuze tea cover is probably a bit li[…]

Endangering Democracy

No offences took place with three of the five all[…]

Jeremy Corbyn.

And some of the unicorns have red rosettes.

Mrs A reckons that Mann is the Labour equivalent[…]