Political talk from outside of the UK
:sunglasses: 26.7 % :thumbsup: 26.7 % 😯 6.7 % :grinning: 13.3 % 🧥 13.3 % :cry: 13.3 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Biggus Robbus
Daley Mayle wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:43 pm
cycloon wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:30 am
Shouting 'Build the Wall' at a Native American is superbly wrong on so many levels.
Yep, he'll certainly have reservations about it.
I will try that joke when I attend this years Pow Wow for the local Pottawatomi tribe.

Or maybe not.

By Biggus Robbus
cycloon wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:05 am
I don't see how the actions of the 'Black Israelites' precludes or is exclusive with the boys being little buggers.
Not as bad as I thought.

For the Native Americans getting offended at the build the wall chants I am sure they would have done the same, if they had the chance, all things considered.

By The Weeping Angel
Membership Days Posts
This article over at Vox does a good job of explaining the root causes behind this controversy.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics ... n-phillips
Why is the Covington Catholic controversy still the nation’s biggest story?

It started simply enough. A short viral video shot on Friday shows a group of white teens in “Make America Great Again” hats surrounding a small group of Native American demonstrators, including an elder from the Omaha tribe named Nathan Phillips. One of the kids, identified as Covington Catholic High School student Nick Sandmann, gets up in Phillips’s face and smirks, unaffected by Phillips’s drumming. It looks like a straightforward story of privileged racist white kids harassing a peaceful Native protester.

But shortly after the clip went viral, to universal and at times vitriolic condemnation, a pushback began in right-of-center media. They argued that mainstream media and left-wing activists alike were being unfair to the kids, who were actually defending themselves from insults and harassment from a separate group of protesters, members of the fringe Black Israelite movement. Even President Trump weighed in:

By Biggus Robbus
Timbo wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:13 pm
Some context would be handy with that one, like for example who posted it?
It's doing the rounds in a few US libertarian facebook groups. As awful as libertarianism is they are turning on Trump, even with the government shutdown.
Timbo liked this

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
I think I've seen it all now / only in America.

On another forum, I learned that there's now a movement demanding retrospective compensation for those who incurred losses when slavery was abolished.

Fucking edgelords - I'd shit 'em.
By Andy McDandy
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
That was a thing that cropped up (sort of) on Lucy Worsley's latest series - despite it being outdated, inefficient and so on (not to mention immoral), the southern landowners simply had so much money invested in slaves (trillions by today's standards) that they felt they had to maintain and defend it. The fact that it helped backwoods shit kickers feel slightly better about their own crappy lives was an added bonus.

From the moment Lincoln's body hit the floor there were efforts to recover the "losses" of emancipation. Inordinate fines, outrageous rents, prison sentences that were slavery by any other name.
By Andy McDandy
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Yes, my own rule of thumb is to stop listening when I hear "states rights". Because for some reason it always involves treating black people like shit, and not, say, anything else.

By Biggus Robbus
Mind at least I got to sing a rousing national anthem at my swearing in ceremony.

O! say can you see by the dawn's early light,
What so proudly we hailed at the twilight's last gleaming,
Whose broad stripes and bright stars through the perilous fight,
O'er the ramparts we watched, were so gallantly streaming?
And the rockets' red glare, the bombs bursting in air..............
Boris Johnson

Johnson doesn’t offer up opinions but strate[…]

That's fair enough, and I can think of no better[…]

Brexit Fuckwit Thread

Beck took Cambridge up two divisions in as many ye[…]

The Biased BBC

So has anything happened re Robbie Gibb. Or is it […]