Political talk from outside of the UK
:sunglasses: 23.7 % :thumbsup: 15.3 % 😯 22 % :grinning: 23.7 % 🧥 3.4 % 🙏 1.7 % :cry: 10.2 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Oblomov
WTF? wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:28 pm
Bearing in mind that the U.S. police seem to be only a couple of rungs below a Brazillian death squad I wouldn't be surprised to find they "got creative" when it came to vandalism.
I've asked my mate for the source but he's told me of an incident where a club was forced into a subdued man's hand which then gave the police justification for "incapacitating force" i.e. they lamp him until he's unconscious.
By WTF?
Membership Days
Indeed. The country was built upon prejudice. If it wasn't Native Americans it was African Americans. If it wasn't African Americans it was the Irish. If it wasn't the Irish it was Hispanics. I hope the Chinese kick their arse from one end of the Pacific to the other.

Edit: and back again!

By The Weeping Angel
Membership Days Posts
Of course China which botched the response to COVID-19 and is carrying out a genocide against the Uygurs is just the country we need to become the next superpower. Meanwhile an actual American police officer who shockingly knows what they're talking about has not only a good idea about what's gone wrong with US police but how to solve it.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlook/ ... icing-cia/

By Malcolm Armsteen
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Oblomov wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:56 pm
I've asked my mate for the source but he's told me of an incident where a club was forced into a subdued man's hand which then gave the police justification for "incapacitating force" i.e. they lamp him until he's unconscious.
In my day that was the 'Hold this son. You're nicked' urban myth.

Like the wrong greatcoat story.
By mr angry manchester
Membership Days Posts
WTF? wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:24 pm
Indeed. The country was built upon prejudice. If it wasn't Native Americans it was African Americans. If it wasn't African Americans it was the Irish. If it wasn't the Irish it was Hispanics. I hope the Chinese kick their arse from one end of the Pacific to the other.

Edit: and back again!
They have always had to have someone to hate. For a bit, at first, it was the British, then for years it was the native Indian population, which was nearly wiped out, then the Blacks, then, again briefly, the Japanese, then the Russians, now its Islam.
WTF? liked this

By Oblomov
The Red Arrow wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:57 pm
I'll wager you groovers never saw this coming...

I'll tweet Charlie Brooker to ask him to stop writing such a shit reality from now on.
mattomac liked this

By Malcolm Armsteen
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Utterly, utterly unhinged. How can they allow him to continue?
Trump said during his Rose Garden event this morning, “Equal justice under the law must mean every American receives equal treatment in every encounter with law enforcement regardless of race, color, gender or creed. They have to receive fair treatment from law enforcement.”

The president then appeared to veer from his prepared remarks, saying, “We all saw what happened last week. We can’t let that happen. Hopefully George is looking down right now and saying, ‘This is a great thing that’s happening for our country.’ This is a great day for him. It’s a great day for everbody. This is a great day for everybody. This a great, great day in terms of equality.”

Trump then swerved back into talking about the economy, boasting about the coronavirus relief packages he has signed into law.

By Oblomov
Utterly disgusting appropriation of George Floyd's name. I wouldn't be surprised if Trump is asking for Floyd's body to be driven to DC so they can suit him up and pose him for a post-mortem handshake of forgiveness photo op.

By Boiler
Oblomov wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:25 pm
Utterly disgusting appropriation of George Floyd's name. I wouldn't be surprised if Trump is asking for Floyd's body to be driven to DC so they can suit him up and pose him for a post-mortem handshake of forgiveness photo op.
The Victorians were masters of post-mortem photography:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-36389581
Roll Call

:D :D :D :D :D https://i.postimg.cc/SRTK5Gx[…]

US election 2020

Much like his hair contorting itself to cover his […]

Priti Patel

I reckon her picture is precisely as big as who sh[…]

The bitterness oozes from their pores. There'[…]