Political talk from outside of the UK
:sunglasses: 25.6 % ❤ 1.2 % :thumbsup: 14.6 % 😯 20.7 % :grinning: 23.2 % 🧥 2.4 % 🙏 1.2 % :cry: 11 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Tubby Isaacs
Membership Days Membership Days Posts

So Biden not "in thrall to the radical left" then?

This makes the Tory strategy v Blair in the nineties look focussed and sensible. (He's just another leftist! He's a Tory!)

I know Biden needs "Bernie" types to turn up. But, you know, I reckon the "stand by, Proud Boys!" stuff might help with that.

By Boiler
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:35 pm
It's also not entirely clear what the rest of that means. Chris Wallace "had a tough night"- so what does "2 on 1" mean? Biden and Trump together v Wallace?
No. Biden and Wallace on Trump. That suits his narrative.

By Oblomov
"If I had a dollar for every time trump interrupted Biden, I'd have to pay more in income taxes than donald trump."
oboogie liked this

By Tubby Isaacs
crabcakes_windermere wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:44 pm
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:40 pm
I thought that at first. But if Wallace is in league with Biden v Trump, how did he have a tough night?
Because Trump is a fucking idiot and doesn't make sense.
I think you and Boiler are both right.

By Bones McCoy
davidjay wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:16 pm
I wonder at what point Biden might think it worth refusing to debate anymore. Doing the whole empty chair thing might backfire in normal circumstances but there's every possibility that Trump would rant for an hour and start abusing the chair.
I think there are 2 more debates.

#2 is the VP candidates.
#3 is a "Townhall" which I think means they field questions from an audience, perhaps less scope for heckling.
oboogie liked this

By crabcakes_windermere
Debate 2 is going to be interesting only in as much as whether Harris will dismantle Pence down to his component molecules or all the way to the subatomic level. Assuming he's even allowed to turn up without a chaperone what with her being a woman and all. Debate 3 is where it gets intriguing, because Trump doesn't like to be questioned but is taking a big risk if he tries to talk over normal US citizens like he did Biden.
oboogie, Kreuzberger liked this

By Bones McCoy
crabcakes_windermere wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:47 pm
Debate 2 is going to be interesting only in as much as whether Harris will dismantle Pence down to his component molecules or all the way to the subatomic level. Assuming he's even allowed to turn up without a chaperone what with her being a woman and all. Debate 3 is where it gets intriguing, because Trump doesn't like to be questioned but is taking a big risk if he tries to talk over normal US citizens like he did Biden.
I fully expect it to end with Harris smiling at one podium.
At the other podium will be an empty pair of shoes emitting smoke, and a fallen pair of underpants bearing the slogan "Jesus is my Vaccine"

By Andy McDandy
You know that video of the woman reporter confronting the crooked pastor, who goes from "Aw shucks little lady, and ain't you the sweetest..." to "Fuck off bitch and burn in hell!" in no time at all?

That's my prediction for the VP debate.
US election 2020

I'm delighted that Biden has "gone there"[…]

Shaun Bailey

It's like watching a shit version of Carcetti's ca[…]

Was it followed by pictograms of a mushroom cloud […]

The Tories, Generally

The Tory spin and control of the media is so effe[…]