Political talk from outside of the UK
:sunglasses: 25.6 % ❤ 1.2 % :thumbsup: 14.6 % 😯 20.7 % :grinning: 23.2 % 🧥 2.4 % 🙏 1.2 % :cry: 11 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
By mr angry manchester
Membership Days Posts
Trump has, in my opinion, gone down the same route as Katie Hopkins, digging himself into a hole on the extremist fringe. Do this and you Hoover up support from far right loons, but there isn't an endless supply of them, so you can't go anywhere when you have done this.

Going even more barmy won't gain you any more support, neither will doing the opposite and trying to back track from lunacy. Normal people have written you off as a twat so they won't change, and you run the risk of alienating the crazies you have already got in the bank.
Andy McDandy, spoonman, Zuriblue and 1 others liked this

By Boiler
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-us-2020-54359993

The video clips of the networks' reactions are what you'd expect.

I thought it quite telling that once again, Trump doesn't like being told he's stupid: somehow he thinks he's intelligent.
By mr angry manchester
Membership Days Posts
He's a joke. I mean Reagan was a bloody idiot, but he did at least conduct himself in a reasonably presidential manner. This idiot is just like a loudmouth pub bore, you might as well put Bernard Manning in the white house.
By mr angry manchester
Membership Days Posts
Bit of a strange choice for a far right, semi Nazi, paramilitary organisation as it sounds a bit, sort of gay,which is not something I suspect that it's members would be keen on.
oboogie liked this

By davidjay
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
To paraphrase Twitter, it sounds like the sort of second division boy band who had an eponymously-titled single that got to number 27 in 1994 and whose members now perform in a number of Take That tributes.
oboogie liked this

By Bones McCoy
Boiler wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:13 pm
I see he's rowing back from the Proud Boys stuff now.

Anybody else here find that name "Proud Boys" just a bit... comical?
I always though it had a "Friends of Dorothy" undertone.

By Bones McCoy
Dear America,

An intervention from a 'special' friend.

That isn't football.
Call that a president? That's what happens when you don't have proper royalty.
You're such a failed state that your white supremacists sound like a bunch of whoopsies.

Shape up, or go fuck yourselves.

By Malcolm Armsteen
Boiler wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:13 pm
I see he's rowing back from the Proud Boys stuff now.

Anybody else here find that name "Proud Boys" just a bit... comical?
Like The Mohocks, The Roaring Boys, The Muns, The Hectors, The Scourers, The Nickers, The Hawkubites and, of course, the Tityré Tūs*? Or in the 19th century The Jovial 32?

*18th century London Gangs. The Mohocks were particularly nasty.

By Oblomov
mr angry manchester wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:26 pm
Bit of a strange choice for a far right, semi Nazi, paramilitary organisation as it sounds a bit, sort of gay,which is not something I suspect that it's members would be keen on.
I think it's an allusion to the wannabe Spartan ideals these men's right activist/incel death cults tend to become (Spartan in so much as their militaristic rejection of women in preference for male company, because the only victory these pissants can claim is to not engage with women at all and then think they've outsmarted them by not falling for their seductress charms).

By Bones McCoy
Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:22 pm
He's a joke. I mean Reagan was a bloody idiot, but he did at least conduct himself in a reasonably presidential manner. This idiot is just like a loudmouth pub bore, you might as well put Bernard Manning in the white house.
I managed a little interaction with my (remaining*) American friends last night.
I get the impression that last night was a significant Trump own-goal.
He hasn't burst his bubble, he does have a self-inflicted slow-puncture.

* A couple unfriended me when I posted a topical meme about a hung Florida election.

By Zuriblue
Membership Days Posts
Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:26 pm
Shaun Bailey

It's like watching a shit version of Carcetti's […]

US election 2020

I'm delighted that Biden has "gone there"[…]

Was it followed by pictograms of a mushroom cloud […]

The Tories, Generally

The Tory spin and control of the media is so effe[…]