Political talk from outside of the UK
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
By Esqui
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
#380100
mojojojo wrote:There's no such thing as innocent civilians. Those sleeping children were guilty.

Guilty of what? It can only be being Arabs.
I think the assumption is that every single person in Gaza knows a member of Hamas (and that every member of Hamas is personally launching attacks on Israel), and is protecting them, and therefore is a terrorist themselves.
By mojojojo
Membership Days Posts
#380101
I've just seen an image from Gaza that has really upset me and I wish I could unsee. I won't link to it or describe it but it makes me want to hug my son forever.

Can't fathom what these people are going through. I strongly believe in Israel's right to exist and have always, and still do think that comparisons with Nazis are disgusting, but when you read some cunt calling for genocide, people cheering as bombs kill civilians I'm dumbfounded. And who funking cares? What has Cameron said about this?

This is badly written and not getting across what I want to say but there you go.
 
By Kreuzberger
Membership Days Posts
#380106
mojojojo wrote:I've just seen an image from Gaza that has really upset me and I wish I could unsee. I won't link to it or describe it but it makes me want to hug my son forever.

Can't fathom what these people are going through. I strongly believe in Israel's right to exist and have always, and still do think that comparisons with Nazis are disgusting, but when you read some cunt calling for genocide, people cheering as bombs kill civilians I'm dumbfounded. And who funking cares? What has Cameron said about this?

This is badly written and not getting across what I want to say but there you go.
^^ Sometimes, just opening a window on the utter bewilderment is plenty when it comes to making the point. I'll leave it at that.
By Esqui
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
#380129
Big Rob wrote:Well projection is one thing. Let's face it 'we' did similarly shitty things in Afghanistan and Iraq.

So..... let's not speak for all Israelis....
Indeed, there is a significant portion of the Israeli people who find the government's actions utterly abhorrent
 
By Big Arnold
Membership Days Posts
#380133
Big Rob wrote:Well projection is one thing. Let's face it 'we' did similarly shitty things in Afghanistan and Iraq.

So..... let's not speak for all Israelis....
Exactly. How many civilians did we kill? How many of our civilians died in the same wars? Like anyone fighting a war, Israel wants to win. I'm not blaming either side. Not with mankind's propensity for war.
 
By lord_kobel
Membership Days Posts
#380136
Arnold wrote: How many of our civilians died in the same wars? Like anyone fighting a war, Israel wants to win. I'm not blaming either side. Not with mankind's propensity for war.
Erm, not that many? Was that your point? One side is fighting to steal land, the other is fighting to survive. Yes, you can blame one side more than the other.
By new puritan
Membership Days Posts
#380161
The only democracy in the Middle East.
As mentioned, support for the operation among the Jewish public in Israel is almost absolute. 77% greatly support the aerial bombardment of the Gaza Strip, 17% support it and 4.5% somewhat support it, while only 1.5% of the Jewish public does not support the bombardment.

Regarding support for the ground operation, 49% are greatly supportive, 28% are supportive and 14% are somewhat supportive, compared with only 9% who do not support the ground operations.
How should those who disagree with the operation be treated? The findings indicate that 57% agreed or strongly agreed that at wartime all demonstrations of civilians against the military should be prohibited and some 17% somewhat agree with that, so all in all, nearly three-quarters of the Jewish public feels that demonstrations against military activity should be prohibited. Just under half of the public (49%) agreed or strongly agreed that these protesters should be considered traitors.
http://newmedia-eng.haifa.ac.il/?p=6735" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
 
By Big Arnold
Membership Days Posts
#380188
lord_kobel wrote:
Arnold wrote: How many of our civilians died in the same wars? Like anyone fighting a war, Israel wants to win. I'm not blaming either side. Not with mankind's propensity for war.
Erm, not that many? Was that your point? One side is fighting to steal land, the other is fighting to survive. Yes, you can blame one side more than the other.
Fighting to survive? By firing rockets that have limited effect in the full knowledge of the consequences? And what about the motives of whoever is supplying Hamas with the rockets? Nobody involved has any concern for Gazan civilians.
 
By The Red Arrow
Membership Days Posts
#380196
Patrick Cockburn

Sunday 3 August 2014
Israel-Gaza conflict: What has Israel achieved in 26 bloody days?
World View: Hamas is stronger, the Jewish state looks shifty and heartless – and the world's eyes are on Gaza

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/com ... 44508.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
 
By lord_kobel
Membership Days Posts
#380214
Arnold wrote:
lord_kobel wrote:
Arnold wrote: How many of our civilians died in the same wars? Like anyone fighting a war, Israel wants to win. I'm not blaming either side. Not with mankind's propensity for war.
Erm, not that many? Was that your point? One side is fighting to steal land, the other is fighting to survive. Yes, you can blame one side more than the other.
Fighting to survive? By firing rockets that have limited effect in the full knowledge of the consequences? And what about the motives of whoever is supplying Hamas with the rockets? Nobody involved has any concern for Gazan civilians.
What else are they supposed to do against overwhelming oppression and repeated illegal landgrabs?
  • 1
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8
  • 10
Labour, Generally.

Personal right to anonymity? I think the lion's […]

https://i.guim.co.uk/img/media/68b73f33935eed6d85[…]

Toby Young

It's a fair summary of his entire life and career.[…]

Back in 1991, various people said that the sures[…]