By new puritan
Membership Days Posts
SWEDISH PM LOEFVEN SAYS SWEDEN IN SERIOUS SITUATION
SWEDISH PM LOEFVEN SAYS WON'T ACCEPT NEW POLITICAL SITUATION
SWEDISH PRIME MINISTER LOEFVEN CALLS FOR NEW ELECTION IN 2015
SWEDISH PM SAYS NEW ELECTION TO BE HELD ON MARCH 22
SWEDISH GOVT: WILL NEVER ALLOW SWEDEN DEMS TO DICTATE RULES
SWEDISH PM LOEFVEN WON'T SEEK ANY FURTHER TALKS WITH OPPOSITION

No surprises here to be honest. Really bizarre decision to freeze the Left Party out to begin with.

By Timbo
Membership Days Posts
This could actually pay off in his favour, although it's one hell of a gamble. Support for sverigedemokraterna is highly concentrated in the south-west, the rest of the country are mightily pissed off about the whole thing - Swedes generally take great pride in the dull, competent stability of their political system, so if the social dems can succeed in pinning this all on them, they may well come out of this swinging with a governable majority.

By Timbo
Membership Days Posts
For those interested in: a) reinforcing Swedish beauty stereotypes b) shameless objectification, I refer you to the minority leader of the Swedish government, Gustav Fridolin. Ding dong:

By Silkyman
Membership Days Posts
Russia's sabre rattling has them, erm, rattled, enough to do this.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-39140100" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The Swedish government has decided to reintroduce military conscription - a move backed by the country's MPs.
The decision means that 4,000 men and women will be called up for service from 1 January 2018, a defence ministry spokeswoman told the BBC.

They will be selected from about 13,000 young people born in 1999, who will be asked to take psychological and physical tests, Marinette Radebo said.

Sweden, a neutral country, is worried about Russia's Baltic military drills.

By cycloon
Membership Days Posts
Is it wrong that one of my initial thoughts about these idiots doing these horrible things is 'oh come on, think up your own bloody methods'?
By Silkyman
Membership Days Posts
So now we can add to the list of why we should ban all Syrian refugees.

We've already added 'because someone born in Kent attacked people' and now we have 'someone from Uzbekistan (a mere 1,500 miles from Syria) who has quite possibly lived in Sweden since 2005 when there was a large number of Uzbek refugees from an oppressive regime has now attacked people'

Seems legit. Send in the gunboats. And the tomahawks.
Momentum

Yay! Top Trumps!

The Mail's Front Page Headline

Ah, I dunno that it's even that limited. I've neve[…]

Would appreciate any Twitterers getting this out, […]

Nigel Farage

It's a hard time of year for anyone to find a spar[…]