Political talk from outside of the UK
:thumbsup: 50 % :grinning: 50 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Boiler
Seriously?
"Once the teacher asked us who believed in evolutionary theory. I raised my hand. The teacher said: 'Are you a monkey then?'"
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-40384471" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

By The Red Arrow
Membership Days Posts
Turkey sentences journalists to life in jail over coup attempt

Sentencing over alleged role in failed putsch condemned as showing disregard for rule of law
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/ ... ailed-coup

Watch the tossers from our fair free and cherished press compare themselves to these poor bastards.

By The Red Arrow
Membership Days Posts
I'm getting runblings that all's not groovy over there. From what I can gather there's a presidential election coming up, and Erdoğan's Ministry of Bullshit and Suppression has gone into overdrive.

Fake news?

How one Turkish t.v channel reported an opposition rally in Izmir yesterday...

What my family saw...

By Kreuzberger
Membership Days Posts
Utter chaos in Ankara tonight as Erdogan's Anadolu Agency reckons that 86.5% of votes have been counted, while Free Elections put the current total at 43.3%.

This looks like more of the same post-truth "Our guy won, who cares?" poison that we are now becoming used to. How can estimates be almost 100% apart?

In other news, I have been seeing more and more cheap flight deals to Turkey popping up in my ads and then, apropos of nothing and over breakfast yesterday, die Kreuzbergerin asks me if I fancy spending my birthday in Istanbul.

€151 return from Munich and thirty bucks a night in Kadıköy with a roof terrace - oh yes!

By Kreuzberger
Membership Days Posts
Meh, billions in EU subsidies to stop refugees storming the gates, a NATO partner, blah - blah. Another blatant coup, by any other name, that will have blown over by next weekend, apart from within the justifiably seething ranks of the opposition in their home country.

Meanwhile, yes. With the TRY:EUR at 5.4:1.0, that should mean a moment or two living the high-life. We'll get our balls booted for the journey from Regensburg down to MUC - or for the temerity of wanting to park the car - but time off in early October needs to tightly managed.
Split

Moving those posts was more effort than it was pro[…]

Theresa May

Come and have a chat when you've predicted the nex[…]

A lot going on under the bonnet here. As always, n[…]

Caption Contest

I'll Never Forget What's'ername.