Political talk from outside of the UK
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
 
By Andy McDandy
Membership Days Posts
#446398
It's basically the Gran Chapo all over again, and the last thing the Yanks want is another Vietnam.
 
By Littlejohn's brain
Membership Days Posts
#446607
The true cost of Putin's Syria adventure

http://www.interpretermag.com/why-russi ... ria/#12518

"This appears to be a deliberate attack on a health structure and we condemn this attack in the strongest possible terms," said Massimiliano Rebaudengo, MSF's Head of Mission. "The destruction of the hospital leaves the local population of around 40,000 people without access to medical services in an active zone of conflict."

Doctors Without Borders said that the clinic had been struck by four projectiles within a few minutes and subsequently destroyed. It reported at least eight staff members missing. Doctors Without Borders said that there were two series of at least two attacks each. The dead included five patients, one patient caretaker and a hospital guard.

Doctors Without Borders said it had been supporting the hospital since 2015, providing medical supplies and running costs. The hospital had 30 beds, a staff of 54, two operating rooms and an outpatient wing, the organization said.
 
By Littlejohn's brain
Membership Days Posts
#448705
Putin's war crimes

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... efire.html

Revealed: MI6 are compiling a secret dossier of Putin's 'war crimes' in Syria
MI6 investigating alleged attacks on Syrian civilians by Russian war planes
Doing so with view to prosecuting President Vladimir Putin for war crimes
Scotland Yard detectives have also flown to Lebanon to monitor air strikes
Russia accused of causing casualties by targeting schools and hospitals
For more on Putin's 'war crimes' in Syria visit www.dailymail.co.uk/putin
 
By Andy McDandy
Membership Days Posts
#448823
And what are you going to do about it?

Putin's a tyrannical cunt. Aside from some folks in the amazon basin, this ain't exactly news.

What to do about him? War? Good luck and welcome to the cinder that once was earth. Make the good honest Russian people see sense and vote him out? To be replaced by what? Tell people in the UK to stop believing everything they read in Russia Today? Possibly.

[SNIP:Mod]
 
By Littlejohn's brain
Membership Days Posts
#448840
And what are you going to do about it?


Andy I could make that point to you on a number of topics. It is an irrelevant point.

What to do about him? War? Good luck and welcome to the cinder that once was earth. Make the good honest Russian people see sense and vote him out? To be replaced by what? Tell people in the UK to stop believing everything they read in Russia Today? Possibly.


We could apply sanctions against freeze Russian assets in this country and get Ofcom to investigate Russia Today, actively expose the bullshit it promotes and subject it to the impartiality laws as other channels.
 
By D.C. Harrison
Membership Days Posts
#448855
Littlejohn's brain wrote:We could apply sanctions against freeze Russian assets in this country and get Ofcom to investigate Russia Today, actively expose the bullshit it promotes and subject it to the impartiality laws as other channels.

And you accuse Corbyn supporters of "head in the sky" thinking!
 
By mikey mikey
Posts
#448856
Russia Today is no worse than Fox News.

Mind, if you are Oliver Kamm writing for Murdoch, you might overlook this and call for Ofcom to act against the former but not the latter.
By new puritan
Membership Days Posts
#448871
Littlejohn's brain wrote:Putin's war crimes

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... efire.html

Revealed: MI6 are compiling a secret dossier of Putin's 'war crimes' in Syria
MI6 investigating alleged attacks on Syrian civilians by Russian war planes
Doing so with view to prosecuting President Vladimir Putin for war crimes
Scotland Yard detectives have also flown to Lebanon to monitor air strikes
Russia accused of causing casualties by targeting schools and hospitals
For more on Putin's 'war crimes' in Syria visit http://www.dailymail.co.uk/putin


Fair enough. Will they be compiling a dossier on the Kunduz strike while they're at it?

http://www.msf.org/topics/kunduz-hospital-airstrike

Or, indeed, Russian forces' conduct during the second Chechen war (a great deal worse than anything which went on in Ukraine, for instance) which the US and UK governments of the time implicitly supported.
 
By Littlejohn's brain
Membership Days Posts
#448878
D.C. Harrison wrote:
Littlejohn's brain wrote:We could apply sanctions against freeze Russian assets in this country and get Ofcom to investigate Russia Today, actively expose the bullshit it promotes and subject it to the impartiality laws as other channels.

And you accuse Corbyn supporters of "head in the sky" thinking!


What's wrong with that?
 
By Littlejohn's brain
Membership Days Posts
#488029
Meanwhile the morning star has greeted the slaughter in Aleppo by proclaiming it as a liberation

Image
  • 1
  • 8
  • 9
  • 10
  • 11
  • 12
Brexit Fuckwit Thread

The modern problem with arguing with idiots is tha[…]

Nigel Farage

A lavish, fawning, sympathy-inducing spread on the[…]

More "middle-class" bollocks

Umm... So what else do you drink out of? Your sh[…]

Shona Sibary

Blimey, it's been a while! Admittedly I don't […]