•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Boiler
And of course, any trouble that kicks off outside of the Middle East as a result of this blatant electioneering will not occur in the US. I mean, do you foresee car bombs on Fifth Avenue? No, neither do I.

By spoonman
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
mr angry manchester wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:08 am
Bones McCoy wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:51 am
Dukes of Hazzard diplomacy.
What's the betting Trump used to watch that shite?
He said that it was the greatest documentary he's ever seen, second 'yugest TV show ever after The Apprentice.
Boiler liked this

By Safe_Timber_Man
Membership Days Posts
One thing I've noticed when things like this happen is that one man can go from a complete unknown (to the average layman) to suddenly being "one of the most dangerous men on the planet".

I have no doubt he is a dangerous man who holds a lot of power but I don't for a second believe that all these people on the internet who are waxing lyrical about killing this terribly dangerous international criminal had ever EVER heard the name Qassem Soleimani before yesterday. Let alone be qualified to write about how this was entirely justified and has saved the world.

One thing's for sure, tabloids fucking love this shit. They can do their little pictures and give all the gruesome details, whether true or not:

Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (148.76 KiB) Viewed 2321 times

By Boiler
Safe_Timber_Man wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 1:17 pm
One thing I've noticed when things like this happen is that one man can go from a complete unknown (to the average layman) to suddenly being "one of the most dangerous men on the planet".

I have no doubt he is a dangerous man who holds a lot of power but I don't for a second believe that all these people on the internet who are waxing lyrical about killing this terribly dangerous international criminal had ever EVER heard the name Qassem Soleimani before yesterday. Let alone be qualified to write about how this was entirely justified and has saved the world.

One thing's for sure, tabloids fucking love this shit. They can do their little pictures and give all the gruesome details, whether true or not:

Capture.JPG
I discovered on Twitter (following the original tweet on here) a load of Yank armchair generals discussing the pictures and trying to analyse precisely what weaponry was used.

A country with a death cult at its core.

By spoonman
The moment when you have to stand back and think to yourself, "For fucks sake, a former Grand Wizard of the KKK is actually talking a little sense..." #stoppedclock

...way to lose the support of some "good people"!
Boiler liked this

By Boiler
spoonman wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:13 pm
...but a helluva way to gain the support of a lot of bad people.

Electioneering, that is all. In the shit at home? Pick a fight you can easily win; job done, votes in bag.

By Andy McDandy
See the DUP over here. One day you're simply folk with strong beliefs shared by many a Conservative this side of the water. Next, you're a bunch of neanderthal throwbacks.

Funny how it's the right who go on about "Useful idiots" and that.
Arrowhead liked this

By Bones McCoy
Watchman wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 3:35 pm
Going back to the "torn to shreds" headline/wankfest; it could only take one slightly off-kilter individual to spot that in WH Smiths, and all hell kicks off
Or Johnson channeling Reggie Kray decides he needs a scalp of his own.
By mr angry manchester
Membership Days Posts
Boiler wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:33 pm
spoonman wrote:
...but a helluva way to gain the support of a lot of bad people.

Electioneering, that is all. In the shit at home? Pick a fight you can easily win; job done, votes in bag.
See also Thatcher - Falklands, Mussolini - Ethiopia.

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
spoonman wrote:
The moment when you have to stand back and think to yourself, "For fucks sake, a former Grand Wizard of the KKK is actually talking a little sense..." #stoppedclock

POTUS can order military action for a certain amount of days (30 or 60) before Congress has to ratify the action.
It sounds like Trump desperately wants his Obama- Bin Laden moment but his target is a state actor. The Iranians will huff and puff while planning something very nasty like Lockerbie at a time of their choosing.

By spoonman
If I lived/worked in or near any Trump owned or named property anywhere on this planet right now, I'd be worried. Bound to be easier targets that trying to hit something high up of the US state apparatus.

By Boiler
I found myself listening to the wireless in the car earlier and that meatbag Pompeo was saying "the Europeans don't do enough to help us, we're saving lives in your countries".

No, you brain-dead shit, you've just endangered them, ta. I doubt anyone's going to drive a van full of explosives up to the front door of a Trump hotel in the US.
Watchman liked this
Boris Johnson

But the thing is, de Piffletwat would never had sa[…]

Did anyone catch Kerry Anne Mendoza on PM? My AS b[…]

The Tories, Generally

I'm sure someone is mechanising the dispatch of ex[…]

US election 2020

Actual US senator, during an actual Senate committ[…]