•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
By mr angry manchester
Membership Days Posts
As long as youre OK, K.

Tragic, whatever the circumstances. I have always had a bit of an interest in, and liking for, Germany and it is on my list of places I want to visit, if funds ever permit
By Silkyman
Membership Days Posts
Sadly it does now seem to have been an attack according to the latest reports. The driver came into the country from Pakistan a year ago (so not a Syrian refugee... Bad luck Farage and Hopkins) and hijacked the truck after killing the original driver.

By cycloon
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Silkyman wrote:Sadly it does now seem to have been an attack according to the latest reports. The driver came into the country from Pakistan a year ago (so not a Syrian refugee... Bad luck Farage and Hopkins) and hijacked the truck after killing the original driver.
As if the difference between the origin and entry of a foreign killer will make any difference to their reaction. I mean, it's subsidiary to him being a murderous bastard, sure, but they wouldn't care if he was from Malaya and lived there for 10 years, as long as he's Islamic.

By bluebellnutter
cycloon wrote:
Silkyman wrote:Sadly it does now seem to have been an attack according to the latest reports. The driver came into the country from Pakistan a year ago (so not a Syrian refugee... Bad luck Farage and Hopkins) and hijacked the truck after killing the original driver.
As if the difference between the origin and entry of a foreign killer will make any difference to their reaction. I mean, it's subsidiary to him being a murderous bastard, sure, but they wouldn't care if he was from Malaya and lived there for 10 years, as long as he's Islamic.
They wouldn't care if he came from Birmingham, and so did his parents. He'll be portrayed as a wrong 'un because he's one of "them", not because he's a murderous cunt.

By Kreuzberger
Membership Days Posts
Well. It was a rotten few hours last night but things are just about getting back to normal for those of us not directly related or impacted.

Der Spiegel has an article worth running through the not very good Google translate.

http://www.spiegel.de/politik/deutschla ... 26855.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Berlin After The Terorism. Completely Unimpressed."

By Kreuzberger
Membership Days Posts
That is a cracking slap-down from someone who could hardly be described as a heavyweight analyst or journalist. The sloth of the BBC and the "quality" press is stripped bare in a couple of hundred words.

By Kreuzberger
Membership Days Posts
As a follow-up, and now that I have stopped venting my spleen on other threads, I had been taking a little comfort in that we, the wider friendship circle, had not been touched my Monday's carnage.

It seems that that was not the case.

I nipped out at about half-ten last night to my favourite watering hole. There were only around half a dozen of us there and the conversation inevitably turned to current affairs. Hans (we'll call him) who is one of our close-knit, early-evening Sunday pizza club, works with a guy who is still laying in hospital with multiple injuries. His girlfriend is missing. There are four sets of remains in the morgue which are yet to be identified. Such is their condition, that dental records don't help.

What a fucking arsehole that Amri was.

By cycloon
Kreuzberger wrote:
That is a cracking slap-down from someone who could hardly be described as a heavyweight analyst or journalist. The sloth of the BBC and the "quality" press is stripped bare in a couple of hundred words.
Quite.

They're also active in the comment thread, taking on the hard-of-thought.

By The Weeping Angel
Membership Days Posts
Putin doing to Merkel what he did to Clinton

https://www.buzzfeed.com/albertonardell ... .khlnMOLge" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
German Chancellor Angela Merkel is facing an onslaught of negative and misleading stories from right-wing media outlets and conspiracy theories spread by fringe websites that publish fake news, a BuzzFeed News analysis has found.
Driving the popularity of anti-Merkel content on social media are primarily hyperpartisan and far-right groups that are trying to discredit the German chancellor ahead of this year’s election. These groups, which play a major role in helping propagate negative stories with misleading headlines, are increasingly focused on Merkel’s liberal stance on the refugee crisis. The analysis showed that these stories were among the top-performing content about Merkel on social platforms last year, both in English and German languages.
Echoing what was seen during the US election, many of these sites mix legitimate partisan political content with false and conspiratorial information, especially about refugees and Islam, in order to inspire passion and increase social engagement. Large right-wing pages in the US are also increasingly sharing anti-Merkel content, helping it gain wider distribution on Facebook.

Short delay only being requested, apparently. So,[…]

The Independent Group

I hope these goons have not done too much dama[…]

The Sun

They want No Deal but wouldn't want the backlash f[…]

Paul Thomas Redux

PAUL THOMAS on... Speaker Bercow, the spanner in […]