•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By spoonman
Membership Days Posts
There's a useful "Manosphere" glossary on RationalWiki that helps to understand slang terms better amongst such "incels" along with related groups - none of which are healthy.

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Manosphere_glossary

A few - very few mind you - men that are caught up in the whole "incel" subculture can have a genuine grievance from something in the area of being bullied, low self-esteem, a past traumatic experience etc. and to be honest such "incel" communities are the last place they really need to go to for help. But the vast majority of them are just whiny boys/men with a high level of self-entitlement and a low level of self-awareness. Couple that in a few cases with mental health issues and you can have a big problem on your hands. Reddit kicked out the main "incel" group a few months ago and with Reddit being Reddit, your subreddit had to be a really shitty place for it to get the boot.

We Hunted The Mammoth and Fundies Say The Darnedest Things are both good resources that capture the best/worst of "Manosphere" insanity. Not surprisingly there is a lot of crossover with the alt-right particularly with support for Tr*mp.

By cycloon
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Boiler wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:34 am
I never 'got' Reddit: is it like Usenet of old, but on t'Web?
Reddit is a giant forum, basically; so big as to mean that I using subreddit X, Y, and Z are not really identifying with incels et al, because it's a giant online city more than a club. It's great in its diversity, and also has some pretty weird and creepy sub-reddits, by virtue of being massive/not being super-strict. If you want to learn something about something, and talk to others, Reddit is a 'default' place to go.

By bluebellnutter
It strikes me that this is another case where a lot of problems would be solved by one massive orgy. Sexually frustrated people seem to be causing all manner of shit.

By Boiler
bluebellnutter wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:49 pm
It strikes me that this is another case where a lot of problems would be solved by one massive orgy. Sexually frustrated people seem to be causing all manner of shit.
Hmmm, I call bollocks on that.

By D.C. Harrison
Membership Days Posts
Boiler wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:55 pm
More of a tit man, myself.

I have to confess to being baffled by this whole "involuntary celibate" stuff. Hell, I took a fair few smacks with the ugly stick on my way through childhood (never helps when you're 12 years old and already six foot tall), along with crippling shyness that ensured I barely talked to any non-related female till I was sixteen.

But, fuck me, learn a few jokes, make an effort not to be a total arsehole and show some consideration and your chances of pairing up with a lady* certainly improve. At least, that's what worked for me. Until then, have a beer, have a wank and relax.

*I'm guessing most of these divs have such a preference in this respect.

By Boiler
I can see an example where someone could genuinely be called "involuntarily celibate" - a partner becoming seriously ill/disabled for example.

But as far as I can see, in this context it just seems to be whiny entitlement by people with serious personality defects. I am reminded of an episode of Bottom at this point...

By The Red Arrow
Membership Days Posts
D.C. Harrison wrote:
Boiler wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:55 pm
More of a tit man, myself.

I have to confess to being baffled by this whole "involuntary celibate" stuff. Hell, I took a fair few smacks with the ugly stick on my way through childhood (never helps when you're 12 years old and already six foot tall), along with crippling shyness that ensured I barely talked to any non-related female till I was sixteen.

But, fuck me, learn a few jokes, make an effort not to be a total arsehole and show some consideration and your chances of pairing up with a lady* certainly improve. At least, that's what worked for me. Until then, have a beer, have a wank and relax.

*I'm guessing most of these divs have such a preference in this respect.
Word.

A very attractive woman once told me that I wasn't bald enough, short enough or fat enough for her tastes - and I've met her several times over the years with a short, fat bald bloke in tow. At the risk of sounding like Kenny Rodgers, there's someone for everyone.

By Boiler
The more I read the RationalWiki stuff, the more I am concerned this is just another example of that American 'jocks and nerds' shit getting carried on beyond High School. And I've got a Dead Kennedys song in my head now.

By MisterMuncher
"Jock-O-Rama"?

This shit has been building and bubbling for quite some time. The "incel" movement has been around in one form or another for 20-odd years. WeHuntedTheMammoth has absolute horror from the bigger incel Reddits up at the moment. I would advise that anyone visiting steel themselves, because these people are horrendous.

It really does stem from entitlement. These guys are utterly fucked in the head, and utterly fuelled by hate. The reason they're "celibate" is because they're complete cock-ends who absolutely hate women.

And is FSTDT still going? Haven't been there in ages.

By spoonman
Membership Days Posts
MisterMuncher wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:20 pm
And is FSTDT still going? Haven't been there in ages.
Was just checking there and their site appears to be down, was last on it a couple of weeks ago. Hope it's not for good as it was a good resource for jaw dropping statements even if the website design hadn't progressed much beyond 1997.

By Boiler
MisterMuncher wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:20 pm
"Jock-O-Rama"?

This shit has been building and bubbling for quite some time. The "incel" movement has been around in one form or another for 20-odd years. WeHuntedTheMammoth has absolute horror from the bigger incel Reddits up at the moment. I would advise that anyone visiting steel themselves, because these people are horrendous.
That's the one 8)

If you really want to get disturbed, go to incels.me ...

In a way, that Fuze tea cover is probably a bit li[…]

Endangering Democracy

No offences took place with three of the five all[…]

Jeremy Corbyn.

And some of the unicorns have red rosettes.

Mrs A reckons that Mann is the Labour equivalent[…]