•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Malcolm Armsteen
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Hmm. The Huffington Post article ends
In focusing on current abuses in the Middle East, perpetrated by those claiming the mantle of Islam, Americans -- whose Constitution continues to permit enslavement as punishment for crime -- deflect attention from partial U.S. responsibility for the current crisis in Iraq. Sanctions followed by military invasion and its brutal aftermath laid the groundwork for the situation Callimachi describes. Moral high ground is in short supply. The core idea animating enslavement is that some lives matter more than others. As any American who has been paying attention knows, this idea has not perished from the earth.
The 'debunking' (apparently written by a 15 year old) says
We’re used to leftist apologists blaming everything done by Islamic terrorists as the fault of the West and not the result of religious beliefs. This is of course a form of apologetics that simultaneously exculpates religion, satisfies the masochistic West-hating of many leftists, and patronizes Muslims: as underdogs, their behavior can’t lie within themselves, but in their stars—i.e., us.

What? What 'leftists' - at HuffPo? Really?

The article in HP makes it very clear that the particular people being criticised are not proper Muslims at all. It also says that they have only come to power because of botched western intervention, which seems pretty mainstream as a point of view.
Nevertheless. the West-bashers and Muslim apologists persist. And now they’ve jumped the last shark, for we have, in the PuffHo, a piece that not only claims that the ubiquitous sex-slavery and rape by ISIS members has nothing to do with Islam, but that it’s actually the result of Western perfidy.
Really?

Good on evolution and the biology of he fruit fly, but shite on modern politics.

By The Weeping Angel
Membership Days Posts
The very people who can help defeat ISIS need a lot more support than we're currently giving them

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfre ... CMP=twt_gu" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

By The Weeping Angel
Membership Days Posts
No bono really is serious

http://www.theguardian.com/music/2016/a ... are_btn_fb" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It's a risky gig in terms of travel and expenses but on the plus side if it works global peace.
The 55-year-old had to reassure the crowd at the Dirksen Senate Office Building that he was “actually being serious” and in response he received a serious reply.

“Actually, that’s not the first time I’ve heard experts on how do we counter violent extremism talk about that,” said senator Jeanne Shaheen, Democrat for New Hampshire. “It’s one of the things that we’re looking at.”

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
Littlejohn's brain wrote:No bono really is serious

http://www.theguardian.com/music/2016/a ... are_btn_fb" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It's a risky gig in terms of travel and expenses but on the plus side if it works global peace.
The 55-year-old had to reassure the crowd at the Dirksen Senate Office Building that he was “actually being serious” and in response he received a serious reply.

“Actually, that’s not the first time I’ve heard experts on how do we counter violent extremism talk about that,” said senator Jeanne Shaheen, Democrat for New Hampshire. “It’s one of the things that we’re looking at.”
One could examine the influence of comedians in the Weimar Cabaret...
By Agnes
Membership Days Posts
"We'll think about it. Right, we've thought about it. No."

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
Agnes wrote:
"We'll think about it. Right, we've thought about it. No."
It rather misses the point, There is a place for ripping the piss out of humourless enemies.

The Lamberth Walk newsreel from the Information Ministry,
Thanks for dropping in Mister Hess by Arthur Askey,
Noel Coward's Don't lets be beastly to the Germans,
The Hitler spoofs by the 3 Stooges and Chaplin (honourable mention for both pre-dating the USA's official involvement in the war)
and many others.

These were all for consumption by the servicemen and civilians on the allied cause, and designed to build morale on the home front.
Nobody expected them to result in a mass surrender of the Panzer divisions.

The problem with Bono's plan is that our "allies" in the region (Erdogan and the King of Saud) probably wouldn't appreciate Amy Schumer or Chris Rock's acts.

Until Bono suggests sending Jim Davidson to lead the final assault on Raqqa, I fear he is barking up the wrong tree.

By The Weeping Angel
Membership Days Posts
We've all had difficult upbringings but most of us know don't end up joining death cults.

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/kad ... 87426.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Kadiza Sultana, like the two friends who travelled with her, was 15 when she left the UK. These bright teens from Bethnal Green were radicalised and recruited online, joined Isis in Raqqa and quickly became “jihadi brides” (or, just as fast, jihadi widows).

As news emerges that the schoolgirl, Kadiza Sultana has almost certainly been killed in an airstrike in Syria, so much of the online reaction to this seems to be along the lines of: well, she had it coming and good, now there’s one less of them. Almost as bad as her death is the idea that she got what she deserved.

By Big Arnold
Membership Days Posts
There's no suggestion they did have difficult upbringings, and they are described as bright. As one comment put it -
These idiots watch the new about beheadings, burnings, hand choppings, rape, bombings etc. etc., plus they know how women are treated, yet they still say to themselves, "I'll have some of that". Are we meant to sympathise?
I don't rejoice in anyone's death, but can't feel much sympathy either.

By The Weeping Angel
Membership Days Posts
Today the Syrian city of Manbij was liberated from the death cult.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-37066304" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Residents in the northern Syrian city of Manbij have been celebrating new freedoms after being liberated from the rule of so-called Islamic State.
They have poured into the streets enjoying basic rights they had been denied for two years, including shaving off their beards and smoking.
US-backed Kurdish and Arab fighters fought 73 days to drive IS out of Manbij, close to the Turkish border.
About 2,000 civilians being used as human shields were also freed.
Labour, Generally.

Personal right to anonymity? I think the lion's […]

https://i.guim.co.uk/img/media/68b73f33935eed6d85[…]

Toby Young

It's a fair summary of his entire life and career.[…]

Back in 1991, various people said that the sures[…]