•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By The Weeping Angel
Membership Days Posts
Unlike Corbyn Arden knows how to win elections.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-54519628
New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern has won a landslide victory in the country's general election.

With most ballots tallied, Ms Ardern's centre-left Labour Party has won 49% of the vote and she is projected to win a rare outright parliamentary majority.

The opposition centre-right National Party, currently on 27%, has admitted defeat in Saturday's poll.

The vote was originally due to be in September, but was postponed by a month after a renewed Covid-19 outbreak.
Last edited by The Weeping Angel on Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By Samanfur
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
I was reading an article the other day that pointed out that as much as she's been exemplary in most ways, she hasn't actually delivered on her major election promises. The author was hoping that if she got an outright majority rather than had to rely on a more right-wing coalition partner, we'd see her more transformative agenda start to come out.

We shall see.

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
I was reading an article the other day that pointed out that as much as she's been exemplary in most ways, she hasn't actually delivered on her major election promises.

So rewarded for doing stuff a leader is supposed to in a national emergency. We can only dream.
Arrowhead liked this
US election 2020

I'm delighted that Biden has "gone there"[…]

Shaun Bailey

It's like watching a shit version of Carcetti's ca[…]

Was it followed by pictograms of a mushroom cloud […]

The Tories, Generally

The Tory spin and control of the media is so effe[…]