•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Kreuzberger
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Filters? Bollocks.

A simple script: find all files with "whatever" extension that are between x and y mb in size and zap the fuckers. Loop the script every 10 seconds if needs be. Wait until some wag uploads a compressed version, check the filesize and zap those too. Rinse and repeat. That is, broadly speaking how virus checkers work and which are deployed every minute of every day on the servers that would need to run such scripts.

That's ninety percent or your problem solved because most of that shares are just that, shares and simple ones. Using AI to search for patterns of code whilst the encoding phase of the upload is taking place will nix another 9.9%.

Am I missing something?

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
49 massacred innocent Muslims prove words can have lethal consequences, Mr President. If you don’t ferociously disown the racist lunatics claiming to be inspired by you, you’ll be damned by your silence PIERS MORGAN FOR MAILONLINE https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... ident.html

No he won't. Decent people will still despise Trump, his supporters will still love him and Morgan will still blow smoke up his arse.

By The Weeping Angel
Membership Days Posts
How meme culture and shitposting helped led to this atrocity.

https://www.vox.com/culture/2019/3/16/1 ... -pewdiepie
The man who allegedly shot and killed 49 people at two mosques in Christchurch, New Zealand framed the attack as a real-life escalation of meme-based internet culture.

Police are currently investigating a sprawling 74-page manifesto that the 28-year-old suspect allegedly wrote and posted on social media shortly before the attack. The document rails against Muslims and immigrants and includes several references to memes and video games.

The alleged shooter posted the manifesto, along with a link to the forthcoming live stream of the promised attack, on 8chan, one of the main online homes of meme-loving right-wing extremists. In the post, he wrote that it was “time to stop shitposting and time to make a real life effort” — meaning, essentially, that it was time to stop fooling around on the internet and turn his extremist views into real-world action.

Then, right before the starting the attack — which he live-streamed to Facebook as if it were a first-person shooter video game — the alleged shooter referenced the “subscribe to PewDiePie” meme. Additionally, the guns used in the attack were decorated with memes, mostly insider white nationalist references.

The shooter appears to have been extremely familiar with extremist corners of the internet. The choices he made — to post a manifesto to a known radical community, and to carry out the attack as if he was doing it “for the lulz” — are unlikely to have been made at random.

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
youngian wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:17 am
49 massacred innocent Muslims prove words can have lethal consequences, Mr President. If you don’t ferociously disown the racist lunatics claiming to be inspired by you, you’ll be damned by your silence PIERS MORGAN FOR MAILONLINE https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... ident.html

No he won't. Decent people will still despise Trump, his supporters will still love him and Morgan will still blow smoke up his arse.
17 March 2019 - Self awareness disappeared form the earth.

By Biggus Robbus
The Weeping Angel wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:33 pm
How meme culture and shitposting helped led to this atrocity.
Should say far right meme culture and shitposting of the type found at /pol/ on 8chan and 4chan.

There are plenty of good memers of other political persuasions.

African American meme culture is the funniest meme culture IMO.
spoonman liked this

By Oblomov
spoonman wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:21 am
MisterMuncher wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:54 pm
The bother with /pol and the rest of the Chan-sites is that it's almost literally impossible to separate the genuinely dangerous lunatics from straight-up sick little bastards. It's GIFT in a box.
I've came to the conclusion over its existence that 4chan is secretly a sociological and psychological long term experiment to measure in time the idea that the longer one acts being a complete idiot, the more likely it becomes that the same is actually becoming a complete idiot, and that those who are acting the complete idiot are attracting actual complete idiots to the point that the site becomes an idiocracy that is actively rotting from its core, eating up the new idiot fodder it attracts.

4chan didn't used to be quite so bad even if the site was the dictionary definition of NSFW from the beginning, as at one time they actually used to rat on neo-Nazis and dregs like the Westboro Baptist Church & Scient0l0gy in amongst a lot of dumb stuff that occasionally could be at least slightly amusing and being the birthplace of the modern day Internet meme. But it seemed to turn a sharp nasty corner all round sometime in 2013 or so which started to see the scum rise to the surface when "gamergate" became prominent. It became so bad that even Moot was getting fed up with the shit that was happening and banned doxes, causing large numbers of dickheads to find a home elsewhere (mainly 8chan, which is even worse if that can be imagined).

It could be said that "chan culture" has ended up becoming a parody of itself.
I suspect it's a generational shift as well. As a teenager using the one family computer, I made a few curious visits to it but at face value the site culture and mythos was so hyperactively random that I decided to not invest anymore time on there and do something else with my day.

Now younger and younger children have access to internet on the go and it's with them always, allowing for full immersion into Chan culture. They've grown up with it, it's their lens for perceiving the world. Maladjusted outcasts seek haven there and adopt contrarian views to further embrace not fitting in with society. The neo-fascism was for cheap shock value, to upset polite sensibilities. Channers would get their yuks, then summer vacation would end and they'd move on (apart from a niche that genuinely were Nazis).

As you say, 2013 seems to be the watershed. A culmination of Gamergate, youtube becoming a viable mass media platform for greater alt-right outreach and seemingly a consensus rising amongst content producers that it's interesting and nice to experience things outside of the hetero white male hegemony. This gives a bit of legitimate traction to the white genocide crowd who are probably crowing "See? We were right all along!" and grants them dangerous legitimacy and influence with impressionable youth now feeling that there's real, active machinations against them and they must take action to defend themselves.

I've probably gone way off the deep end there but I suspect global events have shifted the mainstream ideology from detached contrarianism to the paranoid conspiracy commentators on identity politics. People gearing up to fight Brie Larson for making clumsy promos about a sodding superhero movie empowering feminism because they feel that's a battle they can win, rather than confronting neoliberalism gutting their job oppurtunities to increase profit margins, as that would be a long and arduous campaign of being roundly ignored by government.

EDIT: quick tidying of typos

By MisterMuncher
Gamergate seems more and more to have been a highly significant cultural event, and in years to come will probably be recognised as such.

It's a hell of a legacy for a movement based on trying to organise harassment of a woman on behalf of a moaning bastard.

By Abernathy
Students of what would appear to be of every possible ethnicity, white, maori, and black, performing the haka in tribute to the victims of the Christchurch atrocity. Everyone seems to be completely word-perfect.

The very definition of an integrated society?

I'm breaking up at the sheer beauty of this. Love New Zealand.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/video ... urch-video

By Biggus Robbus
MisterMuncher wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:57 pm
Gamergate seems more and more to have been a highly significant cultural event, and in years to come will probably be recognised as such.

It's a hell of a legacy for a movement based on trying to organise harassment of a woman on behalf of a moaning bastard.
To be fair that were legitimate concerns around gamergate.

It gave a lot of unnecessary ammunition to the right.

By Oblomov
MisterMuncher wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:57 pm

Well, and also perverting the original issue of "integrity in video game journalism" (which had a point but should have been more rooted in money-spinning monolith companies' skullduggery for more favourable reviews) into something along the lines of "Those wimminz are trying to ruin our vijayma garmez by demanding equal representation as as all the violence and machismo being removed! Are there no safe male spaces left anymore?!". Quite a remarkable leap from the simple truth of lots of people work in the same sector and sometimes they hook up.

Not to stray too off topic but I notice they make similar murmurings about Disney now, of a conspiracy "to insert and push SJW agendas into all my favourite series!" which is odd as I would have thought the concerning thing would be a global megacorporation being the majority shareholder of entertainment past, present and future.
Richard Littlejohn

Ooh, 'ello Stranger! As far as I can tell from An[…]

Sir Keir Starmer

I had skin in this game when I was a carer for my[…]

Matthew Goodwin

Final word on that thread never seen co-authors […]

C**t of the day

Evil Paddington rides again - worraloadacrap. ht[…]