•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Daley Mayle
Membership Days Posts
bluebellnutter wrote:Sorry. Please can a passing mod delete my post.

Done.

There is an alternative viewpoint well made on The Last Leg this week in that we are all impotent with the rage at the attacks. It took a few days after the Paris attacks before the piss was being taken out of IS but it started happening within hours of Brussels. Pointing and laughing at terror is possibly all we have, the alternative is to be cowed by it.

By bluebellnutter
Membership Days Posts
Meanwhile, in Brussels...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-35907469

Police turn on a bunch of far right nasties who turned up to a memorial for the attack victims. Unfortunately the response on Twitter seems to be "they attack the far right but not the Muslims, get your priorities right" like the bastards they are.

By Littlejohn's brain
Membership Days Posts
On another forum I frequent a leave supporter claimed that these attacks are a reason to leave as the attacks happened a short distance from the EU headquarters and since they can't protect their own headquarters they can't protect us. I pointed that counter-terrorism and security in Brussels is the responsibility of the Belgian government.
Last edited by Littlejohn's brain on Sun Mar 27, 2016 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By Kreuzberger
Membership Days Posts
Within a couple of square miles, there's Harrod's, Horse Guards Parade, Hyde Park, Victoria Station and the Palace of Westminster itself. You might like to chuck those in and see where that gets us.

By Malcolm Armsteen
Membership Days Posts
And New Scotland Yard...

By Littlejohn's brain
Membership Days Posts
Well the dickhead's responded by trying to dodge the issue and accuse me of being inconsistent because I'd earlier said that remaining part of the EU will make us safer.

By Kreuzberger
Membership Days Posts
Littlejohn's brain wrote:Well the dickhead's responded by trying to dodge the issue and accuse me of being inconsistent because I'd earlier said that remaining part of the EU will make us safer.

Excellent. Wanna post a link so that we can all pile over there and deliver a sound kicking?

By Daley Mayle
Membership Days Posts
Who would be the best and the worst Doctor Who to deal with IS?

I reckons David Tennant's gurning would scare the hell out those so-called battle-hardened terrorists. Sylvester McCoy's attempts to destroy the caliphate would end in disaster, much like his acting skills.

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
Jon Pertwee tackled the issue of EEC entry in the Curse of Peldaon.

As Brussels is a city of international instituions, industrial and diplomatic espionage has been the priority for security services in Belguim

By Abernathy
Membership Days Posts
Tom Baker could strangle them with his scarf and as they struggled to get free give them a swift one-two with a sonic screwdriver to the family jewels.

Ooof! Take that, muslamic!

If that poll lead is accurate it wouldn’t […]

SPOTY

Sports Personality of the Year An old and tired f[…]

Liz Jones

A calibrated (sic) attack on Jo Cox by a lady who […]

News you won't see on the BBC

Was chatting with an old friend today, and we wang[…]