•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By cycloon
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Aye, it's always the other people getting checked out.

If I get checked out, it's either an outrage and an affront to think I could possibly be dodgy, how dare you, go get those people over there, not ME, oh Super Paranoid Tyrannical System I Demanded, or fair cop guv, it's all in our own interest, it's fine, don't worry, nothing to hide what you complaining about? Oh save me, Super Paranoid Tyrannical System I Demanded.

By The Weeping Angel
Membership Days Posts
They'll be four types of articles written in the aftermath of these attacks

1. Anti-Muslim articles. It's the fault of these muslims

2. Anti-Immigrant articles. If we didn't let all these immigrants in this wouldn't have happened.

3. It all the west's fault articles. If only we hadn't invaded Iraq, Afghanistan then this wouldn't have happened.

4. Why aren't we showing similar concern about Ankara/Ivory Coast articles.

By Safe_Timber_Man
Membership Days Posts
I read (some of) a Guardian article which I thought was good. I'm going to try and avoid the frothing Mail articles, though.

I give it another few hours before:

"Why DID the authorities let this happen?"

and other attempts to immediately start trying to find someone to attack over it (other than Muslims). Usually the police.

By bluebellnutter
Looks like Corbyn's learned his lessons from last year when he got the Paris attacks response wrong.
“Today, our thoughts and sympathies are with the people of Brussels. We stand in solidarity with the victims of these horrific attacks, their friends and families, and the men and women of the emergency services. We must defend our security and values in the face of such terrorist outrages, and refuse to be drawn into a cycle of violence and hatred. We take pride in our societies of diverse faiths, races and creeds and will not allow those who seek to divide us to succeed.”

By Kreuzberger
Littlejohn's brain wrote:They'll be four types of articles written in the aftermath of these attacks

2. Anti-Immigrant articles. If we didn't let all these immigrants in this wouldn't have happened.

3. It all the west's fault articles. If only we hadn't invaded Iraq, Afghanistan then this wouldn't have happened.

5. Deranged false-flag bollocks.

By Daley Mayle
Kreuzberger wrote:
Littlejohn's brain wrote:They'll be four types of articles written in the aftermath of these attacks

6. Why did the Belgian security services not know it was going to happen?

Number six is already up and running

By Kreuzberger
Daley Mayle wrote: 6. Why did the Belgian security services not know it was going to happen?

Number six is already up and running
I have been rotating my feeds today and I heard on CBSN, a usually reliable source with access to credible heavyweights, that The Belgian internal security services share info with their neighbouring counterparts (including those in the UK) who share it with their domestic police forces who then, in turn, pass it on to the Belgian cops.

If that is true, it is quite outrageous.

By bluebellnutter
Kreuzberger wrote:

I saw some conspiracy thing about how there was going to be a terrorist attack on Thursday because of some sort of date thing or something, I didn't read too much about it TBH as I valued my brain not being turned into cottage cheese. I would imagine they'll be trying to twist it round to fit that if there isn't one on Thursday.
The Canary

They're basically complaining that BAME Tories a[…]

Meanwhile, in Lebanon

FFS, it's destroyed part of the actual LAND. :sho[…]

The Tories, Generally

Quite. The "Nightingale Hospitals" are w[…]

US election 2020

Talking of the Missouri Governor election, the inc[…]