•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Safe_Timber_Man
Membership Days Posts
This went viral earlier today:

Twitter responded well and absolutely destroyed him.

Then it makes it into the Mail and, unsurprisingly, the response was very different.

Publicity boss is deluged by furious Twitter reaction after claiming he confronted Muslim woman in the street and asked her to 'explain Brussels'
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... reply.html
Jim R, Keighley, United Kingdom, 41 minutes ago
The reactions show why we'll have carnage in UK one day. Most people just want to ignore the cause.
+323 -67
Cambridgemummy, Cambridge, 47 minutes ago
Unfortunately the political correctness fuelling the 'witty' and 'furious' twitter responses also caused the situation we now find ourselves in. Instead of slamming an understandably angry man on Twitter, hunt down the extremists who are ruining Britain and the rest of Europe. Never mind human rights, don't worry about offending or showing prejudice, just get rid of them.
+294 -62
Amuse booze, Home of fresh prince, United States, 40 minutes ago
And they say trumps message doesn't resonate with folks. This guy gets it completely.
+228 -83

By spoonman
Membership Days Posts
Let me try and relate to arseholes using this incident for political gain.

One Saturday August afternoon in the late 90's, when I was a teenager, I was trying to use the phone to call someone when it said that the network was busy. Strange, I thought. Why would a rural telephone exchange suddenly be filled to call capacity on a Saturday afternoon?

A few minutes later from looking at Ceefax it said a bomb had exploded in Omagh. My first concern was that with my parents away at a wedding, my young sister was in a respite home that weekend and was due to take part in a float for a parade in the town that afternoon. After several attempts, I managed to get hold of someone at the home who said that they had changed their mind to go out because of the weather that was forecast. At least that was a personal relief.

After that, I was watching Sky News & CNN as they started getting live reports on what happened and it was becoming very clear that it was a major incident with fatalities. A few minutes later CNN were relaying a live AP feed where they had a couple of ordinary people telling a reporter what happened, a couple of local councillors explaining their sobering shock and disbelief at the devastation caused to the town & people - and then on came the DUP's William McCrea who started going on about how he had represented the town as an MP for 14 years, how republican terrorism needed to be defeated and challenged Mo Mowlam on it and basically used the carnage as a backdrop to score political points at a time when the Good Friday Agreement was only a few months old and still a little shaky, with the DUP still being in full "NO" stuck record mode.

I was still worried at this time about family & friends who might have been caught up in the blast with a lot of communication lines down (the days before mobiles & internet became ubiquitous) and I was seeing someone who less than two years prior joined a stage with & to support Billy Wright of the LVF, speaking less about the devastation and fatalities that had just been caused and more about trying to use the tragedy to further his own and his party's anti-GFA agenda. "YOU FUCKING CUNT" was all I could say, out loud.

From the above, substitute Brussels in place of Omagh and Farage in place of McCrea and I don't find much difference in the nakedly galling political opportunism attempting to be gained from the blood & bodies of innocent people.

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
Safe_Timber_Man wrote:
The-Commentator, Minister for Common Sense, United Kingdom, 1 hour ago
9 years ago I had a long weekend in Brussels. My lasting memory is of the very scary groups of ethnic teenagers running around even in the city centre. They are adults now.
+1706 -66
It's tragic that these sort of comments are so highly rated.
There was even one boy exposing himself and pissing in a fountain.

By Kreuzberger
Membership Days Posts
That is a dreadful story, Spoonie, and I can begin to relate to it through the fact that we had friends perilously close to Le Bataclan in November and, much earlier, my having cleared King's Cross ten minutes before the fire and then gone to the pub with my mates only to leave the GF of the time pulling her hair our for several hours. How we all flirt with rotten luck without a moment's thought or being able to do anything about it.

Back to the present day and the stories beginning to emerge that Turkey warned Belgium of Ibrahim Bakraoui presenting a clear and present danger.

The general narrative in the British press is that all non-British police forces are "bungling". It fits the fragile superiority complex that they try to maintain. However, if these reports are true, then Belgium has a lot of questions to answer, both in Brussels and in Paris as well as further afield.

I fear that this is an open goal for the Brexiteers and I doubt, despite the obvious flaws in their rhetoric, that they'll miss it.

By MisterMuncher
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Kreuzberger wrote:That is a dreadful story, Spoonie, and I can begin to relate to it through the fact that we had friends perilously close to Le Bataclan in November and, much earlier, my having cleared King's Cross ten minutes before the fire and then gone to the pub with my mates only to leave the GF of the time pulling her hair our for several hours. How we all flirt with rotten luck without a moment's thought or being able to do anything about it.
I was out cycling the day of the Omagh bomb, and literally tossed a coin as to whether I'd go 40 miles round to Omagh or 20 miles round toCookstown. I was on my way back when the bomb disposal trucks (distinctive with their cartoon bobcat) hared past me at the fork I'd tossed the coin. How we flirt indeed.

By bluebellnutter
My cousin has a photo taken of her and her then boyfriend outside the World Trade Center at 8.45am on Monday 10th September 2001.

By spoonman
Membership Days Posts
MisterMuncher wrote:
Kreuzberger wrote:That is a dreadful story, Spoonie, and I can begin to relate to it through the fact that we had friends perilously close to Le Bataclan in November and, much earlier, my having cleared King's Cross ten minutes before the fire and then gone to the pub with my mates only to leave the GF of the time pulling her hair our for several hours. How we all flirt with rotten luck without a moment's thought or being able to do anything about it.
I was out cycling the day of the Omagh bomb, and literally tossed a coin as to whether I'd go 40 miles round to Omagh or 20 miles round toCookstown. I was on my way back when the bomb disposal trucks (distinctive with their cartoon bobcat) hared past me at the fork I'd tossed the coin. How we flirt indeed.
Thankfully my story is very, very meek as I had no family or close friends even just suffer from minor injuries from the blast, though I had initially planned to go into Omagh that afternoon to collect some CDs I ordered a few days earlier until I realised my parents were away at a cousin's wedding so I couldn't mooch a lift down, I could have taken the bus into town but I wasn't in a major hurry to get the stuff. My dad phoned home late afternoon to see that me & my brother were all right holding the fort and when I spoke to him no one at the wedding reception was aware of the incident until I told him. To say that it subdued things there would be an understatement. Of the fatalities, one woman was the mother of a lad I knew from secondary school, while I knew of two teenage girls that were killed, one because she worked in a shop close to home and another because I met her at an interschools quiz the previous year. Like what happened in Brussels yesterday, it was a slaughter of innocents. And on a personal level, it does show how close we can inadvertently or unwillingly have our mortality be brought onto a knife edge or worse.

It for that reason that I consider the likes of McCrea & Farage utter cunts into trying to make immediate political capital of such incidents.

By mikey mikey
Brussels attack: Belgium must 'tighten security instead of eating chocolate and enjoying life,' says Israeli minister

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 48261.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
“If in Belgium they continue eating chocolate and enjoying life, and continue to appear as great democrats and liberals, and not decided that some Muslims in their country are [organising] terror, they won’t be able to fight them.”
So liberal+chocolate+enjoying life = "you had it coming"?

This being Easter and all, we had all better be on high alert: each chocolate eggshell is a bombshell! :shock:

By bluebellnutter
You'd have thought the state of Israel might have been slightly reticent about bringing up the whole "Easter" thing again in the name of religious rifts, but there you go.

By mikey mikey
youngian wrote:The chocolate remark's a bit silly but fairly mild compared to this loon
Nava Boker, of the Likud party, said: “Belgium must close its borders immediately, eject from itself inciters and stop Muslim immigration into the country.”
Climate change and "politics"

BR, you may want it to be treated as a purely scie[…]

Indeed. I've recently had someone on Quora tell m[…]

Brexit Fuckwit Thread

And of course, the BBC carried all of it live, wit[…]

Nigel Farage

He seemed to appear every TV news studio on Tuesda[…]