Political talk from outside of the UK
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
 
By Kreuzberger
Membership Days Posts
#450914
The epic stupidity is that, if Belgium did close her borders, the country would be finished in its current form.
 
By mikey mikey
Posts
#450924
Kreuzberger wrote:The epic stupidity is that, if Belgium did close her borders, the country would be finished in its current form.


Fact.

And so would most countries for that matter.
Safe_Timber_Man wrote:This went viral earlier today:


And went to the cop shop the day after.

Man who confronted Muslim woman to 'explain' Brussels attacks arrested

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016 ... s-arrested
 
By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
#450964
The Red Arrow wrote:I suppose someone will be along soon to call me an anti-semite because I think Yisrael Katz is a prick.


How date you - "Yisrael Katz" is my Ziggy Stardust name.
 
By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
#450966
mikey mikey wrote:
Kreuzberger wrote:The epic stupidity is that, if Belgium did close her borders, the country would be finished in its current form.


Fact.

And so would most countries for that matter.
Safe_Timber_Man wrote:This went viral earlier today:


And went to the cop shop the day after.

Man who confronted Muslim woman to 'explain' Brussels attacks arrested

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016 ... s-arrested


He'll now be the first Brexit Martyr.
 
By bluebellnutter
Membership Days Posts
#451008
Really? Strikes me they had legitimate grounds. If the incident is as he says then it's clear harassment of an individual, which is a crime, and if not then the police have legitimate reasons to carry out enquiries.
 
By Kreuzberger
Membership Days Posts
#451009
bluebellnutter wrote:Really? Strikes me they had legitimate grounds. If the incident is as he says then it's clear harassment of an individual, which is a crime, and if not then the police have legitimate reasons to carry out enquiries.


Even if the incident did take place, that is not what he has been charged with.

The charge is "publishing or distributing written material which is threatening, abusive or insulting, likely or intended to stir up racial hatred, under the Public Order Act." which, I believe, is legal jargon for being a cunt but not as famous a cunt as Katie Hopkins.
 
By Littlejohn's brain
Membership Days Posts
#451012
Yes and he'll make out how hard done by he's been, and the right will have a new martyr.
 
By bluebellnutter
Membership Days Posts
#451013
So what are the police supposed to do if they receive a complaint? Ignore it on the basis that some poor little racist fucker will get to be the next UKIP darling for a couple of weeks?
 
By Kreuzberger
Membership Days Posts
#451014
bluebellnutter wrote:So what are the police supposed to do if they receive a complaint? Ignore it on the basis that some poor little racist fucker will get to be the next UKIP darling for a couple of weeks?


The guy is a gobby, unpleasant twat. The kippers will find their darlings come rain or shine due to the volume (in both senses) of gobby, unpleasant twats in the Anglosphere but I wouldn't worry about that. Nor should Old Bill. He has better things to do.

Being a cunt is still, thankfully, not a crime. Moreover, he didn't incite racial hatred, merely ridicule.
 
By bluebellnutter
Membership Days Posts
#451019
Then he'll be released without charge. I find the idea that the police shouldn't investigate potential crimes reported to them on the basis that some people don't like the fact the individual will be arrested a troubling one.
 
By Kreuzberger
Membership Days Posts
#451031
bluebellnutter wrote:Then he'll be released without charge. I find the idea that the police shouldn't investigate potential crimes reported to them on the basis that some people don't like the fact the individual will be arrested a troubling one.


Erm, what? Not investigating a complaint? I suggested nothing of the sort. I did however express alarm that he has been charged. Careful what you wish for, BBN.
  • 1
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
Brexit Fuckwit Thread

Yes, very clearly in their almost universally wh[…]

SPOTY

Yeah...the Mailites are really not happy! Supe[…]

Europe? And the Future of Britain in Europe

Do a lot of the daft gits who voted leave know tha[…]

Question Time

As if to prove your point... https://twitter.[…]